Archinect
anchor

garage doors...help

strlt_typ

anyone know where i can get a sectional garage door with flush panels without any of that fake wood grain texture? smooth finish...thanks

Jan 26, 06 3:06 pm
whistler

Just specify it.

Jan 26, 06 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Overhead Door Company of America.....should have such an animal

Jan 26, 06 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

whistler-we're running a two-man design/build office...

snooker-yeah, i've tried them...no smooth finish...either wood grain or stipple (looks like stucco)suppose to add rigidity to the sheet metal and hide imperfections...the backwards shit is, some lady told me i can only get smooth finish panels if the garage door is made of wood...

the only ones i've been able to find are heavy duty commercial applications and the client doesn't want to spend the extra cash...

the money always gets in the way

Jan 26, 06 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

Try:
Wayne Dalton
Clopay

Jan 26, 06 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
celeriter

I think Cornell Overhead Doors also has them?

Jan 27, 06 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Humm.....I know they make such an animal....Cause I hung them for when I was a youngster....just out of high school. They are smooth...smooth.Just call up your local Overhead door company.

If all else fails, you can get a blank door and add what ever you want to the surface. I have done this as a design trick...and yup it works wonderfully....

Jan 27, 06 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
LJGII

I have a solution to your problem.  If you go to overhead door, talk with them about dye-sublimating a custom smooth wood grain finish to the door.  They will be able to help you.  The best thing about this process is that it is not a laminate.  It does not delaminate, chip or peel! You could also talk to Cornell Iron Door as well and talk to them about the same process.

Feb 5, 14 6:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: