Archinect
anchor

Anyone know a good cad site for airports

jumpy

Are there any CAD sites that would have runways, baggage claims, fuel trucks, etc?
Thanks

Jan 24, 06 9:38 am
Try Google
Jan 24, 06 10:10 am  · 
 · 
jumpy

Anyone with useful links

Jan 24, 06 11:03 am  · 
 · 
jumpy

Nobody

Jan 25, 06 8:02 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Jumpy..for master planning purposes or detailing ?

Jan 25, 06 8:09 am  · 
 · 
jumpy

A little bit of both. Doing a preliminary masterplan and detailing select areas

Jan 25, 06 8:43 am  · 
 · 
jumpy

Any cad sites at all besides, cben and cadmonkey???

Jan 25, 06 10:29 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

hey jumpy, if you dont mind me asking where's the airport in question ?

In my firm we are about to start the masterplanning of 5 airports. so even we were searching for CAD standards, but couldnt find much of use on the net.

there is this site www.boeing.net, but it only gives the airplane dimensions and specifications in detail ( and that too only boeing not airbus or any other )

we have collected a lil bit of data so far ..Runway details, apron ,ticketing area..security entrances etc etc

..I wouldnt mind sharing and exchanging info with you..Thatd be good for both of us.However that may take some time..a week or two since things have to be sorted out a bit

keep in touch

Jan 25, 06 11:00 am  · 
 · 
jumpy

I actually found that boeing site before but its only planes. Thats really all I have been able to find. Its for a compeititon, location unknown. I would appreciate anything that would save time. The runways, aprons and ticketing are what I'm really after. Thanks

Jan 25, 06 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Architectural Graphic Standards has a section about airport design.

Whatever you do, don't make your design anything like DFW.

Jan 25, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
jumpy

DFW??

Jan 25, 06 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Dallas - Ft. Worth International Airport.... Where bad airport design goes to die.

Jan 25, 06 2:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: