Archinect
anchor

what is your dangerous idea?

c.k.

The Edge Annual Question ”” 2006

WHAT IS YOUR DANGEROUS IDEA?

The history of science is replete with discoveries that were considered socially, morally, or emotionally dangerous in their time; the Copernican and Darwinian revolutions are the most obvious. What is your dangerous idea? An idea you think about (not necessarily one you originated) that is dangerous not because it is assumed to be false, but because it might be true?

a question mosly answered by scientists
http://www.edge.org/
no architect was asked or submitted an answer. what is yours?
Mine - that architecture is not necessarily about space anymore.
(ok, kind of toothless - but let's hear more)

Jan 23, 06 9:09 pm
SuperHeavy

Like "the Zahir" of Borges, it consumes me.

Jan 23, 06 9:35 pm  · 
 · 
dia

ckl - I always wait for the edge question.

one response I liked the proposal for a 24 hour solitude

I dont think architects are particularly dangerous people, or that the anything we might do will have the same kind of danger as proposing that time does'nt exist.

Something that I believe however, and that others have proposed, is that the client is the single biggest threat/risk to a successful building.

Jan 23, 06 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
c.k.

yeah, I like the solitude one too.
that might mean no archinect posting for 24h!

Jan 23, 06 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
White T. Rash

i was smoking me a little of that marijuana the other night and watching animal house. you know the one with john belushi. well ole prof. jennings was talking about how our universe makes up some alternate universe in a shoebox under some numbskull's bed. well that just totally blew my mind.

Jan 23, 06 10:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: