Archinect
anchor

the terminal - worst movie ever?

cottonmouth

either I'm crazy or this was the stupiest movie of all time. do no see this sorry-ass excuse for a movie. I want my money back!

am I the only one who feels this way?

Jun 28, 04 3:11 am
rizzdizzl

youre probably the only one who got tricked into thinking it had any chance of being a half decent movie........sorry,,, its funny that tom hanks started his acting career in cheesy movies (splash was kinda tight though), did some great movies and now returns to the typical shitty holiday oriented, love comedies/serious relationship movies ever now and then.........at least he hasnt fallen to the rock like my man robert downing junior.....anybody ever seen "less than zero"?

Jun 28, 04 3:21 am  · 
 · 
benny

what, did you think it'd be the best? don't you realize by now that Spielberg's real name is Cornball?

Jun 28, 04 11:11 am  · 
 · 
duke19_98

I heard terminal was good, so i was planning on seeing it....Well, anyway dodgeball cracked me up. Go see it instead if you like slapstick comedies.

Jun 28, 04 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
joe

the true story of the terminal is better than the movie.

Jun 28, 04 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
icup

fucking Chuck Norris...did you stay for the clip after the credits

Jun 28, 04 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
joe

no, what was it?

Jun 28, 04 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
icup

I'm refering to dodgeball which by the way is one of the funniest movies I've seen in quite sometime

Jun 28, 04 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

what happened after the credits...damnit... my date had to pee

Jun 28, 04 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
DJ

What are you talking about? The Terminal was completely well filmed and very intreguing...

Signed Ben Affleck

Jun 28, 04 4:56 pm  · 
 · 

its a f****** ripoff of a much better documentary about Mehran Karemi Nasseri or Sir Alfred of Charles de Gaulle Airport who was trapped in Charles de Gaulle in Paris in much the same way Tom Hanks is in the Terminal for 12 years. However, instead of being from some bullshit eastern european country that never existed, Mr. Nasseri is an Arab Palestinian. So just to spell it out Hollywood completely neutralized an interestingly true political story. Transforming it into a light hearted love comedy which glosses over and dishonors a real event. Its crazy!

Jun 28, 04 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
kakacabeza

I got free tickets to a premeire showing of this movie and a guy from Entertainment Weekly told the audience the story in the terminal was "a true story." It is very loosely based on a true story (the true story is much more interesting, as John Jourden pointed out.) Anyway, the only similarity to the true story is a guy got stuck in an airport for bureaucratic reasons, after that, there is no similarity.

I was mildly entertained by parts of the movie, but overall it was weak.

Jun 28, 04 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
CIIW

both sound lame.

go see 'coffee and cigarettes' and watch for the Billy Murray segment. great!!

Jun 29, 04 12:17 am  · 
 · 
CIIW

i have to add that the worst move ever made is 'hell boy'.

the terminal, if you wish, can come in at a very tight second place, and granted i havent seen it, BUT i think i make a fair statement when i say the worst ever is hell boy.

Jun 29, 04 1:58 am  · 
 · 
icup

no I think "white chicks" will be the worst movie

Jun 29, 04 9:48 am  · 
 · 
silverlake

Yeah, the terminal really blows! Whats really frusterating is that is hints at dealing with hot issues, like the nature of the dept. of homeland security or post- 9/11 security, but is glosses over it all with easily digestible fluff. And he doesn't even get the girl; which really is important for these stupid love comedies to work.

Jun 29, 04 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I thought Joe Vs the Volcano (another Hanks movie) was the worst movie ever

Jun 29, 04 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
Helsinki

Anaconda has Jon Voight acting only with his upper lip, Stolz in a coma for most of the movie and a pre-fame J-Lo. so... it ranks pretty high. My worst dissapointment in some time was Van Helsing, I actually think the Mummy-movies were fun in their campy way (especially the Mummy Returns...). But V H was just soulless. sigh... Hellboy, eventhough crap, was far better.

Best in a while: Visconti's the Leopard. Absolutely stunning! exciting funny and beautiful.

Jun 30, 04 3:25 am  · 
 · 
cottonmouth

tom hanks hasn't done anything good since bosom buddies.

Jul 1, 04 12:37 am  · 
 · 
benjaminjantzen

You are not crazy.  This is the worst movie ever.  Up the with mighty ducks 3.  Up there with Air bud.  Up there with Jurassic Park 3.  Up there with snakes on a plane.  If you bred those movie together you get Janet Reno meets Snookie.  

Aug 25, 18 1:06 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

this was posted 14 years ago.

it appears i've only had an account on architect for about 11 years, so i originally missed this conversation.  this is a great necro - an important post to keep up with.

so what were you doing when this thread started?  I think i was in my first year of my first job out of college.  i was logging IDP hours and getting pigeon-holed as an IT guy.  thing were a little more optimistic before the recession.

Aug 25, 18 11:38 am  · 
 · 
y6f6rftyryh

I am so confused when I see some reviews saying this film is great and charming. The film is so awful. Probably the worst film I have watched in 2 years. As well as that it creates a mockery of eastern Europe by creating the main character and an absolute idiot generalizing eastern Europe. You may disagree with that part but I think we can all agree that the movie is shite.

Mar 19, 20 4:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: