Jan 19, 06 3:08 pm
joed

wow that looks completely retarded.

Jan 19, 06 3:34 pm  · 
 · 

lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Jan 19, 06 3:38 pm  · 
 · 

personally, I think the architectural community is better off being associated with Brad than with Sandler...

Jan 19, 06 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

i dunno, adam sandler sure was good in punch-drunk love...and his repressed rage and obsessive-compulsive tendencies were pretty close to the personalities of a whole lot of architects i've known

Jan 19, 06 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
simples

although david hasselhoff playing the firm's principal does add credibility to the whole thing!

Jan 19, 06 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

the end is upon us my friends...

Jan 19, 06 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

david hasselhoff and adam sandler in the same movie. i believe that is one of the seven signs of the apocalypse.

Jan 19, 06 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
nathanc

This movie inspires me in that if a total loser like Adam Sandler can get a wife like Kate Beckinsale, then maybe there is hope after all.

Jan 19, 06 4:44 pm  · 
 · 

You know, I have a universal remote control that works just like that. How else do you think that I got quondam to be the word of the day yesterday?

Jan 19, 06 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

quondam, I did notice that. The question is, what are you formerly of?

Jan 19, 06 5:03 pm  · 
 · 

I'm more reflective of the "one day (in the future)" part of quondam's definition.

Jan 19, 06 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

i might see it for christopher walken

'By the time I'm done with you, you will all be wearing gold plated diapers.'

Jan 19, 06 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
db

oh come on-- Punch-Drunk Love and Spanglish were really good performances by him. The research Sandler did with Thomas Keller for Spanglish speaks really well to his commitment for authenticity here. IT'll all end up on par with LIfe as a House, which is fine. really, lighten up.

Jan 19, 06 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Am I the only one that thinks this looks kinda cute?

Anyway, I'm glad that an architect is shown working his ass off. We need people to be educated about what an architect actually does. How many times have I heard "oh, so you like, draw things all day?" in a disparaging way?!?!

Jan 19, 06 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Firewall looks pretty bad too, eh? Isn't that about an architect who designs a bank and is forced to help some guy rob it? How dumb is that? Do people really think only one person sees construction drawings.

I much prefer Prison Break.

Jan 19, 06 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
ElTomas

wow a remote control to shut my girlfriend up... hmmmmm...
a remote control to shut my boss up... hmmmmmm....

Jan 19, 06 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
pencebor

Thats always a good feeling to see an architect in any movie! Its pretty rare, but when somebody plays a role as an architect, they always have a nice place to live, and always work in a large firm. And always live in suburbs for some reason... But the point is that architect is a pretty stable and always a respected career.

Jan 19, 06 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

Sadly enough i've spent many hours looking at plans and surveying varoius BB&By's. While they do have a 'way way back' it's usually just for the sprinkler system, and more importantly, no one as cool as christopher walken EVER works there.

Jan 19, 06 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
I035PEP

I think it looks like a cute, funny movie. Probably not entirely accurate, but good to see in a movie.

I have to agree with Prison Break, though. It's completely addictive.

Jan 20, 06 12:21 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

This movie is going to be huge in Germany.

I'll see it, just to see if my head explodes from seeing Beckinsale, Sandler, Hasselhoff, and Walken in the same film. With Sandler as the star.

Jan 20, 06 12:48 am  · 
 · 
harold

Usually, movies tend to us more prestigious professions like lawyers and doctors as professions for the characters. As you saw in the preview, David Hasselhoff calls the shots. He demands when the projects should be finished. It wouldn’t be realistic to use a lawyer or doctor for that role. Clients or patients never call the shots. An architect fits the profile perfectly as the loser who accepts every deadline a clients sets and gets pushed around by everyone.

Jan 20, 06 4:28 am  · 
 · 
Manther

Tom Selleck-Three Men and a Baby. One of the finest performances of an actor playing an architect I have ever seen. Where was the oscar.

Jan 20, 06 5:06 am  · 
 · 
quixotica

Don't forget about the father on the old Nikelodean show "Clarissa explains it all". He was also an architect. Kind of the feeble type too.

Jan 20, 06 10:40 am  · 
 · 
ElTomas

lets not forget Mike Brady...

guess in the seveties, an architect made a big enough salary to support a family of 6 kids .....

yaya Brady Bunch...

Jan 20, 06 12:02 pm  · 
 · 

Charles Bronson in DeathWish... the ultimate bad-ass architect.

Jan 20, 06 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
French

The movie sucks, but whenever I have a problem at work, I remember Paul Newman in "the tower inferno" and ask myself: "what would he do"?

Jan 20, 06 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
southpole

You can’t be more misinformed about what you call prestigious professions; I have first hand experience regarding MDs and how much crap they have to put up with, patients that think that by reading a few web pages are experts and can self diagnose any illness, being paged at all hours of the day. MDs simply give options on treatment the patient makes the critical decisions other than in critical emergency care.
The practice of law is so broad that it depends on the area of practice, but they also are at the mercy of their clients and senior partners. In my family each one of these professions are represented; we all have to put up with similar misrepresentations of what actually mean to practice in one of these professional fields. As per the video clip, Sanders playing and architect ;I have seen worse, like Richard Gere and Woody Harrelson.
I do feel that most non architect see architects as glamorous/prestigious professionals, go figure.

Jan 20, 06 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
etimm

apps are going to be WAY up

Jan 20, 06 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
harold

At least Md's get paid for it. That should make it all worth it.

Jan 20, 06 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
e

as they should. not that architects should not, but lives depend on what they do.

Jan 20, 06 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
harold

Someone once said here on the forum: Doctors save your live and lawyers give you a life. That makes their value high. But then again. truck drivers that work overtime get well paid too and have a higher income than architects.

Jan 20, 06 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
e

well, that's an option for anyone who wants more money to do a thankless grueling job with less responsibility and no chance for upward mobility. personally, i'd take a job as an architect even if i earned less than a truck driver.

Jan 20, 06 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
Philip Gentleman

david hasselhoff

Jan 20, 06 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
e

david hasselhoff, AIA reporting for duty

Jan 20, 06 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
e

or maybe i should say FAIA?

Jan 20, 06 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

that is alot of hair

Jan 20, 06 5:08 pm  · 
 · 

What is this?!? Back to the future or something?

So, Ned and Eva got married 18 January 1912 and quondam was the word of the day 18 January 2006. And then Eva presents a trophy 23 June 1916 and Click opens in theaters 23 June 2006.

I was gonna insert some links, but this forum already has enough "clicks".

And what's harold and doctors and lawyers again?

Jun 25, 06 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
Jun 25, 06 2:05 pm  · 
 · 

No doubt big in Japan!

Jun 25, 06 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.little hasselhoff, big hassellhoff.

aghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Jun 26, 06 12:49 am  · 
 · 
zoroaster

As Southpole was referencing (I think), Woody Harrelson's character in Indecent Proposal was an architect... pretty sad. They had to resort to Robert Redford paying them $1 million to sleep with his wife. In the end, they showed him inteviewing for a job at USC... his portfolio was pretty good, if I remember.

Jun 26, 06 9:48 am  · 
 · 
mcf1983

the dad in Fear was an Architect

Jun 26, 06 10:17 am  · 
 · 

tom hanks was an architect in sleepless in seattle

Jun 26, 06 10:27 am  · 
 · 

Dick Hertz was an architect in Every Inch a Gentleman. And I think Tom Yanks played a supporting role.

Jun 26, 06 10:33 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Working with Adam was just super. He's a really funny, spontaneous guy, but also incredibly professional on the set. Just a super, great, actor, and a superb friend.

Jun 27, 06 9:04 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

Michael Keaton plays a refined, stark, modern California architect in that terrible movie white noise. I was too busy hating the movie and wondering why I was watching it to pick up on the performance

Jun 27, 06 10:19 am  · 
 · 
Ramsey

Also current Keanu Reeves in "Lake House" is supposed to be an architect who can't live up to his "famous architect" father. Judging by the cast, sounds like it will be a tough one to sit through. He probably should have just been a race car driver like Bobby Brady, who knew he could never be the architect his father was. I mean, com'on, that cosmetic factory shaped like a pink powder puff? Brilliant stuff.

Jun 28, 06 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
underage rage

i saw this last night! so different from the trailer, was quite emotional in places, although the ending was totally lame and bugged me

Jun 29, 06 5:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: