Archinect
anchor

Show your computer background!!

Oh, I thought this thread was asking for me to show the certificate that I got after CADD (Computer Aided Design and Drafting) training at Intergraph, Huntsville, Alabama almost 23 years ago.

Jan 19, 06 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i thought it was about me learning HTML, and showing that i had taken courses in ArchiCad, AutoCad, etc.

Jan 19, 06 2:26 pm  · 
 · 

lol.

Jan 19, 06 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
aml

Autocad 10 [yes, DOS], about 15 years ago.

ok, first i misunderstood the question exactly as quondam did. then i misunderstood again when i saw the lightining pic, and thought it was a matter of 'showing one's background' in computer graphics expertise through an edited image.

then i thought, well that's such a lousy image for an architect's background [sorry online, but true]. then i read online's other post [well browsed lightly, i'm lazy] and realized he's all enthusiasm and wants to be an architect, so i felt all catholic guilty about putting him down [there, there... you'll grow and get better and make your own backgrounds soon].

then i went through the trouble of going to flickr and uploading my background. which is a drawing i made based on a photograph of a tadashi kawamata project in tokyo [or somewhere in japan]. and it's not even that cool, i just like it floating like a pencil drawing in an all white background. i sort of looks like i've drawn on top of my monitor.

so there. 5 minutes of my life in that.

Jan 19, 06 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Rename thread:

"Show Your Desktoppy Thing Behind Your Icons That Has a Name Which I Can't Remember"

Jan 19, 06 2:40 pm  · 
 · 

I would if I could, but I can figure out how to edit it.

BTW- Im catholic too. :)

Aml- I would like to look at it further can you link it.

Jan 19, 06 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

it keeps me focused on the goal. i also keep a copy of chicken soup for the architect's soul by my desk

Jan 19, 06 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Unfortunately you can't - or maybe fortunately. You may have accidently sparked an interesting, unintended conversation.

Jan 19, 06 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

Gregg Segal's work...

Jan 19, 06 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

ACfA - hiiiiilarious! Focus on that goal, there is no i in team!

aml - a very enjoyable read, and a nice drawing too.

I just have some image that came with my laptop because it has a nice view of the moon and Mt. Hood and my toddler smiles and says "moon"every time I turn it on. Oh and PS I'm not savvy enough to figure out how to personalize it.

Jan 19, 06 2:57 pm  · 
 · 

lb just right click on your desktop image, click on properties then desktop then browse. viola!

Jan 19, 06 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore
Jan 19, 06 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

lost sight of the goal this week... i think it's buried somewhere under the mound of trace, printouts, and redlines on my desk...

Jan 19, 06 3:06 pm  · 
 · 

My desktop image.

Jan 19, 06 3:08 pm  · 
 · 

Not very architectural, but its appropriate for me.

Jan 19, 06 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

oh..sorry misunderstood the question..
hehe

absolutely beautiful nature photo wallpapers here--> www.timecatcher.com

Jan 19, 06 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

not exactly this one, but another one (i couldn't find) of the dillinger escape plan destroying another audience. mine is in b/w

Jan 19, 06 3:17 pm  · 
 · 

niiiiiiice

Jan 19, 06 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood
Jan 19, 06 4:57 pm  · 
 · 

Huh?

Jan 19, 06 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

whats wrong with dreaming?

Jan 19, 06 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

whoah... scared me. i thought that was a mercury cougar for a second...

*whew*

Jan 19, 06 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

BMW M6, is an awesome car.

Jan 19, 06 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj
Jan 19, 06 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Damn it damn it damn it. I was going to show an image of Pixelwhore's real desktop and his damn Myspace preofile is down for maintenance. It was going to be a real har har joke.

Jan 19, 06 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

My work computer has a picture of my MicroKORG, and my laptop in my apartment has a picture of my Rickenbacker 4003. Not these images. Yes, I am a gear geek.

Jan 19, 06 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

no dreaming here...

http://www.skins.be/wallpaper/adriana-lima/19322/1024x768/

Jan 19, 06 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

it's green - somewhere around 678d6a

Jan 19, 06 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff
Cram it fignuts
Jan 19, 06 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

pixelwhore, was your comment sarcastic?

Jan 19, 06 6:55 pm  · 
 · 

no sarcasm from me, I'm a fan of Dillinger Escape Plan, although I don't think that Miss Machine was their best album.

Jan 19, 06 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Bigness - wrong lead singer....

Jan 19, 06 8:42 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl
http://www.kathyherbert.ie/Big%20Sky/bigsky7.jpg

my background

Jan 19, 06 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

the last ones for my laptop,
this is on my desktop

http://home.student.uu.se/hehi1133/Wallpaper%20I.jpg

Jan 19, 06 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i wonder what per's background is....

cue "Hi" in 3.... 2... 1...

Jan 20, 06 2:11 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

el jeffe-
That's at the bottom of my old street!

Jan 20, 06 11:05 am  · 
 · 
bigness

pixelwhore...
i agree! it's difficult to beat calculating infinity (also, one of the best album titles ever)...
if i can get my hands on a decent scan of the "irony is a dead scene" ep i'd be a happy desktop bunny indeed!

Jan 20, 06 11:18 am  · 
 · 
bigness

pixelwhore...
i agree! it's difficult to beat calculating infinity (also, one of the best album titles ever)...
if i can get my hands on a decent scan of the "irony is a dead scene" ep i'd be a happy desktop bunny indeed!

Jan 20, 06 11:21 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

First of all - when Cave In / Converge / For the Love of toured back in '98 - DEP was just getting their tip wet.

Greg Puciato ain't got shit on Dimitri - Dimitri lit a speaker cabinet on Fire During their "Under the running board" tour...

Since then, it's a steady degression.

Jan 20, 06 11:57 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

I mean who the hell does a split with NORA? ew.

Jan 20, 06 11:58 am  · 
 · 

Under the Running Board is definately where its at.
It could be worse, they could do a split with Atreyu...

Jan 20, 06 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Jan 20, 06 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

you shouldn't have names that band.
by the way, taking back sunday have definitely split. one less shitty emo band on the face of this planet.
i saw pucciato beat the shit out of a guy who covered him in red wine and almost choke him by grabbing his shirt. he dived into the crowd, gave he guy what he deserved and didn't skip a beat of the song he was singing.
another time i came on stage with shat wearing a helmet with a mohican of dildos. that rates pretty high. i still wish they had employed patton full time (i mean, PATTON had employed THEM full time).

yet, the band that has never failed to amaze is the icarus line...(talking about the buddyhead roster...)
first gig, aaron north opened a hole in a wall with the neck of his fender, while the thing was still plugged in, second gig the captain got into a fight with the sound guy, followed by the whole band and the whole venue crew, on the stage, mid set.
rock and fucking roll. how can people still listen to madonna, is beyond me.

Jan 20, 06 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Icarus line is only appreciated by those who appreciate them to be different. They're not tough and they're not good musicians.

You want tough - Acacia Strain

Jan 20, 06 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?
Jan 20, 06 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

heh... so yeah.....

Jan 20, 06 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

wow! typical "know it all" scenester-type of judgement!
you judge music by how tough it is? i judge it with the heart, with how much passion is put into making it.
but let's take it one step at the time:
i don't appreciate them to be different, they are not that different from many other bands, musically, they take a lot from the stooges and the new york dolls...obviously, "if you think music started with earth crisis" you wouldn't know about them.
they're not tough...who fucking cares! i have seen them pissing off more people in a single show than any fucking post hardcore scremo core violence math metal band, who are used to play in front of people with the same haircut.
they're not good musician...have you ever heard them play? north is now in NIN...kind of a technical band don't you think?

but hey, it's a free forum in a free country!

you want tough? band your head against the wall...

sorry about the diversion people!

Jan 20, 06 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

bang, not band

Jan 20, 06 2:22 pm  · 
 · 

scenester fight! scenester fight!

Jan 20, 06 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ha ha ha. Yeah!

Jan 20, 06 2:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: