Archinect
anchor

progeCAD v.s. AutoCAD

anastasiarev

Questions to fellow architecture students and architects!

I am trying to learn AutoCAD on my own right now, but am having hard time finding one version that I can download for free and compatible for my Windows 7 computer. I tried to download the 30 days trial 2012 version from AutoDesk, but it still showed error message. I couldn't download it.

I turned to other websites trying to find earlier versions, but I run into problems similar, or said it was not compatible for my platform (problems such as the software meant for 32-bit, not 64-bit.)

Felt really discouraged, I then found progeCAD, downloaded, and installed it successfully. But now I am not sure if I am working on the right thing? Some people said progeCAD is a good  AutoCAD alternative, but I am learning it because I want to be able to help the architects working in the firm I'm currently interning. Unless progeCAD is almost exactly the same as AutoCAD, I'm afraid I might be wasting my time?

And if so, do you all have any suggestion for me? 

Dec 21, 11 9:33 pm
207moak

DoubleCAD is supposed to be very similar - and there's a free version.

Dec 22, 11 7:13 am  · 
 · 
arri

Free software for students.

Through Autodesk you can download autocad 3ds max , revit and lots more for free and for at least one year. I downloaded  without an .edu email address. Also, I'm using 2011 autocad with windows 7 with no problems.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=17355061

Dec 22, 11 4:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: