Archinect
anchor

Furniture lovers! I need a modern night table

liberty bell

A totally self-serving post, forgive me.

I'm looking for recommendations for a modern bedside table. The room has a simple platform bed in walnut, two Aalto 400 lounge chairs, these:

and lots of clear maple cabinetry.

I love the Blu Dot Modulicious bedside table, this one:

But think it may be a little too casual. Also maybe the room has enough wood and perhaps the bedside table should have some metal.

Any thoughts? These clients have great taste and love the idea of buying pieces by young upcoming designers. (So please feel free to pimp your own work or that of your friends if you are prodicing something interesting.)

Jan 18, 06 9:51 am
driftwood

I've got a total man-crush on Derek Young and his furniture.

Jan 18, 06 11:24 am  · 
 · 
ebh

Papermaster from Norway Says, http://norwaysays.no/main.html

Jan 26, 06 8:16 am  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

OK, after looking at Derek Young's website, I feel like a complete loser - thanks driftwood. It's a good thing tomorrow's friday.

Jan 26, 06 8:54 am  · 
 · 
job job

lb, since you're calling for out-of-mainstream, here's a site of two toronto guys i met at the milan fair (they need help with their site, but what i saw was well made):

http://ssqtch.ca/furniture1/furniture1.html

Jan 26, 06 9:15 am  · 
 · 
general acres

i like this work: a-studio

Jan 26, 06 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

lb y dont we go c helmut?

Jan 26, 06 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

and if that dont work well we know where the target is at...

Jan 26, 06 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

driftwood, man-crush is my favorite new term.

Thanks everyone for input. SOme very cool work out there! And especially thanks everyone who emailed me personally. I love knowing who is out there doing cool stuff. I hope to utilize ALL of you on future projects. Feel the arch-connected love.

Turns out the client found something at Mode Moderne in Philly she wants to use - so she's getting authentic mid-century modern, which will be cool.

vado, I'll meet u at the Starbucks at Target for a 100% authentic suburban consumer experience. Sigh.

Jan 27, 06 12:41 am  · 
 · 
driftwood

Don't abuse it!

I love Target(c)!! They have great popcorn.

Jan 27, 06 1:10 am  · 
 · 

hey, if i went to the starbucks at target here in louisville at the same time, could we call it some kind of brand/space/time link that could constitute an archinect meet-up?

Jan 27, 06 8:27 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

brand/space/time link - I like that idea! Then if we all threw balloons labeled "corporate greed" and full of green paint at the same time, it could be an "action"!!

But I would never do that.

But it reminds me - I know this is not a new idea, but I went to a concert two nights ago and at one point the singer - Canadian Leslie Feist - asked everyone to hold up their lighters in an old-time rock-n-roll tribute. Of course there were only like 3 lighters in the crowd - but every damn one of us (except vado) had a cell phone - concerts by the glow of cellular technology. Rock on.

Jan 27, 06 9:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: