Archinect
anchor

architecture for humanity chapter in los angeles

badass japanese cookie

does anyone know if there is an architecture for humanity chapter in los angeles?

Jan 9, 06 8:51 pm
Cameron

There was in 2005 but the organizer moved to Chicago and no one took over. I know there is at least 100 signed up via the meetup system but sisnce meetup started charging $10 a month to local organizers not many people want to be responsible for collecting.

Check out AFH Boston, New York, Minneapolis/Minnesota, San Diego, London/UK for examples of groups who have started their own blogs/websites and meet regularly -- links are on our homepage.

AFH is open source, mainly as it only has two fulltime staff, so it's up to local folks to take the lead. NYC for instance are working on 3 projects and the UK group is working on projects in Liberia and Sri Lanka.

Cheers,
Cameron

Jan 10, 06 12:27 am  · 
 · 
b4g

lateral,
I was involved last year with the group that trying to start an AFH group here in LA. It seem like that there was no focus to the group's identity or mission so it never really got off the ground. I still feel very stongly that LA should should have a local chapter and that it could do a lot of good dealing with issues locally, national and global. I would like to be involved again in trying to get a group started here, if anyone else is interested. Maybe using this discussion thread to start or some other means. Let me know what you think or if there anyone else who wants to get an AFH group started.
Ben

Jan 15, 06 7:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: