Archinect
anchor

autocad model help

archiphreak

i'm building a model of a city block. downtown birmingham, al (exciting i know). the site slopes in two directions away from a high point. what is the easiest way to create this so that the building and the rest of the block will sit "on" the street plane. rotate? create individual planes?...please what is the "quick fix"??!!

thanks in advance archinecters

Jan 9, 06 3:16 pm
ichweiB

hey I have done something like that in the past.

Just draw two separate slopes and extrude them the same distance. then center them together and use the combine took or whatever that took is called. that should combine both of them creating one individual slope in the two directions you need.

Jan 9, 06 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

hey I have done something like that in the past.

Just draw two separate slopes and extrude them the same distance. then center them together and use the combine took or whatever that took is called. that should combine both of them creating one individual slope in the two directions you need.

Jan 9, 06 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
archiphreak

thanks. i'll give it a try. i may still have to construct my own planes and fudge it.

Ciao.

Jan 9, 06 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

also. I was just thinking about it again. You need to draw it from a right view or left view whichever it doesn't matter. So you'll be drawing it as though it were a section. When you're done, if the slopes go down from the highest point, then you'll get something that looks like an arch. Then, you'll want to do that for your second slope. extrude both the same distance. When viewing it from an isometric view, you'll have to separate slope looking arches extrdued out with flat sides on each side or both slopes. then, find the center of one of them, rotate the other so that it will point in the direction it is suppose to anc center both...like making a cross. they will intersect each other dead center. then when using the combinie tool or jooin tool-whatever it is called, it will then create a complete circle.

Also, another way to do it would be to stack individual plates on top of each other that are offset as they go up. it takes a little longer to do, but it looks cool because you have individual layers...I did it for a project once.

Jan 9, 06 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

send me the file if you need me to. I have time to fool with it if you need help. [email protected]

Jan 9, 06 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
archiphreak

i think i got it. due day after tomorrow anyway. the plates idea sounds like an interesting way to go. thanks a bunch.

Ciao.

Jan 9, 06 4:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: