Archinect
anchor

what kind of job can a B.Arch student find upon graduating?

xuan_ya93

It's my first post. I just finished my college applications and now I started to worrying about a job. I know it's kinda early, but what kind of job can a B.Arch student find upon graduating? Or do most students just do internship and seek for chance?

Dec 16, 11 6:42 am
mfrech

*bump*  how's the search going?

May 31, 12 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
fullofit

I graduated a year ago, and after riding out my apartment lease for the summer, moved to Seattle hoping for a job. I worked construction at a design build firm for a little, got laid off after 4 months, picked up a couple week or two contract jobs, and then about 6 weeks ago finally got the call. I'm at a smaller branch of a larger corporate firm, making enough to get by and start taking teeny bites out of my loans. 

My girlfriend has had about the same experience. She worked a 3 month contract for a decent design firm who didn't have enough work to put her on any longer. Then picked up a couple short term things. Still waiting on the for real job.

Most of my friends have picked up something by now, a few are definitely seeking alternatives or similar jobs. Flexibility helps. 

Jun 4, 12 2:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: