Archinect
anchor

Black+white line rendering form 3d max model?

impalajunkie

I have a fully modelled and textured building in max, and i'd like to render it in just plain black and white, how do i do this?
thanks in dvance.

Jan 6, 06 3:19 pm
garpike

Desaturate in Photoshop or set the color mode to grayscale in Photoshop. Is this what you mean? I wasn't sure about the "black+white line rendering" part of the title.

Jan 6, 06 3:28 pm  · 
 · 

i've also done some renderings where i render the building in wireframe view in max/viz and then render it with materials...then i overlay the two images in photoshop...you can create some pretty cool xray type images with this method

Jan 6, 06 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
kyll

no no. stop there. too much. either:

A - in max, change the rendering engine from that which it is to hidden line rendering in the options menu, rendering. a drop down menu. cant miss it.

orrrrr

B - get sketchup. rhymes with...ketchup.

(sorry. couldnt resist)

Jan 6, 06 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
DEtroit

Try this previous forum for tips on b/w and hidden line rendering. 3DS hidden line rendering

Jan 6, 06 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

You can use Final Render, if you have it. It has FinalToon and can do some pretty amazing things and output to vectors. I just did some renderings that had a similar Sketchup look, but with more details, shadows, reflections, etc. - they looked pretty nice if I do say so myself.

For a wireframe rendered as a bitmap, just group everything and check 'wireframe' in the material (that you applied to it).

Cheap way - in PS, duplicate your layer, desaturate colors, increase contrast, then hit Find Edges. It's not vector based and you can't change he line width, but it will give you lines.

Jan 7, 06 11:19 am  · 
 · 
LimitedPromos

3ds max using Ink and Paint Shader Set

or export to:

Rhino using Penguin Plug-in

Maya using Vector Render

Jan 9, 06 7:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: