Archinect
anchor

arquine/tulum competition

melivt

wired entry fee one month ago. was wondering:

1. if anyone successfully registered

2. if anyone has, would you be willing to share files/brief so i can get started while i figure out if this was some mexican scam or not.

they haven't answered 3 emails in english and spanish, nor a phone message, and i hate losting $$.

regards.

Jan 6, 06 2:55 am
evilplatypus

Ya - I succesfully registered about 3 weeks ago. I'll email you the files but be forewarned the images are no different than just going on image search yourself. There is a decent ACAD dwg with building footprints, lables and topography.

Try this lady - Gabriela Solis - Editorial Arquine [[email protected]]

Jan 6, 06 10:03 am  · 
 · 
ess

melivt -

you aren't alone..

i had similar problems last year when attempting to register for the 'fronteras' competition. i found the staff at arquine to be incredibly non-responsive to questions about registration and the competition in general. however -- as far as it being a scam, i definitely don't think so. they had entries from the last competition posted on their site for a while and can probably still be found in the 'archivos' section (as evidence of the magazine and competition's legitimacy).

Jan 7, 06 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

siesta?

Jan 8, 06 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Theyre usually pretty good. Ive done them in the past and never had a problem. Maybe this year the competition is just not getting the proper attention. That and the fact its the holidays.

Ess - did you eventually get your registration confirmation?

Melivt - did you get the files i sent you? If you had any problems let me know - I havent heard back.

Jan 8, 06 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
blah

I sent them my info and no word yet. I also emailed them a few times. Once, I got a returned message saying their mailblx was full.

If you have the files, please share.

Jan 8, 06 11:56 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

maybe they send a guy to el banco once a month to pick up the deposit slips.

Make - I'll send you the files

Jan 9, 06 9:10 am  · 
 · 
crodea

HI GUYS IM IN THE SAME SITUATOIN HERE, I{VE SENT THE MONEY 5 DAYS AGO AND STILL NOTHIN´ HEARD U HAVE EM, COULD U BE REALLY KIND, COOL AND HELPFUL AND SEND THEM TO MY MAIL? PLEAAAAASEEE [email protected]

Jan 16, 06 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
crodea

HI GUYS IM IN THE SAME SITUATOIN HERE, I{VE SENT THE MONEY 5 DAYS AGO AND STILL NOTHIN´ HEARD U HAVE EM, COULD U BE REALLY KIND, COOL AND HELPFUL AND SEND THEM TO MY MAIL? PLEAAAAASEEE [email protected]

Jan 16, 06 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
sure2016

I was going to enter this thing but Im not so sure now.

Jan 16, 06 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I had no problem with this one or the Mexico City one - It sounds like the trouble started after the Holidays. I'll keep you posted if I here anything negative about the competition or if the charge doesnt show up on my credit card bill.

Jan 16, 06 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Gabriela Solis? Isn't she a character on Desparate Housewives? ...sounds kinda fishy to me...

Jan 16, 06 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

nah dude, Gabriela is the responsable of all this competition crap...yeah and they where in vacation, i wonder if ur still having the problems, they should b back at the office by now, ARQUINE is mexico dude, things move and happen in a diff speed, not faster, not slower, just in an alternate reality....hehehe

Jan 17, 06 2:33 am  · 
 · 
sure2016

Are you guys still having problems? I want to register but this thread worries me.

Jan 19, 06 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I checked my credit card bill - I have not been charged although I registered around Dec 15th. I did however recieve a confirmation email, id number and access to the files.

Jan 20, 06 10:45 am  · 
 · 
rebelliousz_poet

we've been trying to register too... and no response... actually first we would get mailer daemons specifying their mailbox was full... we also tried faxing... also busy... and now that we managed to email it... we receive no confirmation... humm... all is cool though...

Jan 25, 06 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
rebelliousz_poet

oh by the way... can someone kind enough send me the files? thank you... [email protected]

Jan 25, 06 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
Andrew Kudless

Well, this is an annoying update on the competition: I just tired sending them my registration and their email mailbox is full! I've already wired them the money, so hopefully they will accept my registration after the deadline when their system is back up.

Jan 26, 06 11:07 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Has anyone called?

Jan 26, 06 11:17 am  · 
 · 
sure2016

I sent them a credit card # on Tuesday night. Yesterday(4ish), they emailed me and asked for an ID. I sent it to them 15mins later.

I haven't gotten a response with my registration info yet. I imagined they're bogged down with 'where the hell is my registration' emails right now. I don't understand why they couldn't have just set up a paypal account and streamlined this process. Its a shame.

Jan 26, 06 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
daguiler

I am late for the competiiton but I will like to do it anyway Can anyone send me the files for the compettion? I will appreciated

Jan 26, 06 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
daguiler

My e-mail es [email protected]

Jan 26, 06 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
rebelliousz_poet

i called but the phone was busy... eventually they did respond back with our registration info...

Jan 27, 06 3:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: