Archinect
anchor

Hook 'em Horns

Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke
The Eyes of Texas are Upon You

.... that's right ... NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Jan 5, 06 12:49 am
joe

hell yeah. saw it, well most of it anyway. there are some real superstar players on both teams. I'm glad texas pulled it out. now I'm just looking forward to sunday at 4:30....

Jan 5, 06 12:52 am  · 
 · 
wilsonjd

never would've thought it being a ucla fan, but was pulling for s.c., me being stuck on the east coast. props to young, etc.

go Bruins

Jan 5, 06 1:34 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

as an ex husker it takes quite a bit to root for texas. but keeping usc from 3 straight makes strange bedfellows.

of course, i was working on my personal statement all night, sigh...

Jan 5, 06 2:00 am  · 
 · 
longhorn

its a great day in austin!!!

Jan 5, 06 10:41 am  · 
 · 
e

young was beautiful last night.

Jan 5, 06 11:20 am  · 
 · 
ochona

the game was awesome. i was yelling at the TV so loud i lost my voice. my wife decided early on to go watch something else on the bedroom TV because it was too stressful for her. i had the windows open and every time something happened (good or bad) you could hear other people in the apartment complex yelling, too. (i live in austin.) the local news showed tons of people spilling onto the drag (main street to the west of the UT campus) and 6th street.

this one was big. huge. being in austin and not being a devotee of sports media except for the local paper i had no idea that the national media was hyping usc so much. they really were good, probably better than us execution-wise like leinart said. but hey, style points don't go on the scoreboard.

this one is for texas, the whole state. our aggie governor was rooting for UT, that's how much this meant to us. this one is for texans everywhere, longhorns everywhere.

the eyes of texas are upon you. hook 'em HORNS.

Jan 5, 06 11:38 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm not surprised texas won...it was obvious that the trojans were in trouble when reggie bush tried that ridiculous foward lateral in the first half. honestly, what was reggie thinking? that he's so good he could just throw the ball at the end zone and get points. i'm still baffled at that one.

Jan 5, 06 11:55 am  · 
 · 
e

did i hear vince was the first person to throw for over 2500 yds and run for over 1000 yds in a season? gawd, he was awesome last night.

even his last push for the two point conversion to give the longhorns a three point lead just incase SC came back to score a field goal.

Jan 5, 06 11:56 am  · 
 · 
rsteath

Lool out for VY tapes from high school. Just like they were spewing out everything from reggie bush the week before. it's too bad how lopsided the media can make a match-up look before the game and in glad ut won it. This is a victory for texans everywhere. Congrats UT.

Jan 5, 06 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

so glad there wasn't another oklahomaesque meltdown by the big twelve this year. now if tx tech could just siphon off some of the talent from UT this recruiting season i'll be happy.

Jan 5, 06 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Jan 5, 06 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
Maestro

It over. VY is going to the NFL

Jan 8, 06 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

mm-hmm, that's what i predicted in the car home from church this morning. unfortunately he might find out that the NFL is a cruel, cruel world -- one he might have been more equipped to handle with a year's "rest" playing north texas, rice, and sam houston state. oh well, the whole team won the title, not just vince young. should be an interesting year next year. well, we got this one.

Jan 8, 06 9:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: