Archinect
anchor

Quick In-Design Help: Vertical Text???

Emerson123

Anyone know how to do vertical text in InDesign? I've been searching the help menu and not finding anything. All I have been able to find has been sideways text, but what I need is for the individual letters to be vertical, one on top of the other. There must be some way to do this, right?

Thanks in advance for any help in this!

Jan 2, 06 4:16 pm
salparadi

Can't you just make a normal text box and then resize it to the size you want and just put a line return after each character. just align center and you're done. Am I missing something?

Jan 2, 06 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
Emerson123

You're not missing something, I just thought there might be an easier way to do that. I know they have a vertical text option in Photoshop and was wondering if they had something similar in InDesign. It seems like a pain to have to return after each character.

Jan 2, 06 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
tzaar

you should be able to go into text frame options and change the auto-hyphination such that when you make the box narrow enough it will return after every letter. that's a long shot, because it probably won't let you hyphinate a word more than once.

anyway, if that doesn't work, just do a carriage return after each letter and adjust your line spacing.

t

Jan 2, 06 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Hotel Text can be a capital offense - use it wisely.

Jan 2, 06 8:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: