Archinect
anchor

safe GPA for ivy league?

taga

no chance for admission to ivy league with a 3.40-3.50 GPA despite a deep personal statement, perfect portfolio, good recommendations and involving social responsibility projects for longtime ?

that's a stupid question, i know.

Dec 12, 11 9:27 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

zero.zero

Dec 12, 11 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

a "perfect portfolio" must be really amazing, accompanied by a "deep personal statement" you should be able to skip school altogether

Dec 12, 11 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
nmgeller88

isn't average gpa of accepted applicants at gsd something like 3.2ish? I know I was surprised with how low it was when I first found out. 

Dec 12, 11 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
Beepbeep

yes you can get into ivy schools with that as long as your other material is competitive...plus they look at grades you get in specific courses. I got in with about a 3.5 just make your other stuff stand out more.

Dec 12, 11 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
tuna

no one cares about gpa. either you have the knack or you dont.

Dec 14, 11 1:53 am  · 
 · 
FederallyFunded

I got in to the gsd with a 3.4 from a state school.... And an even worse GRE score.....so I think it's totally doable...

Mar 8, 12 2:49 pm  · 
 · 

i got into yale with a 3.43 from a state school.

Mar 8, 12 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
sensation

hi, i'm a current B.Arch undergraduate who is interested in pursuing a post-professional degree.
however, i do have a very poor GRE 136/141/3.0 and overall GPA 2.99. one of my major's GPA is a 3.41. although my grades and GRE scores are poor, I received letter of recommendations from a very famous architect, two directors, and principals...(i've had a close educational and professional relationship with all of them). i've also won more than 15 scholarships/awards and have done internships since I was a senior in high school.
i'm also a minority...

.. are my chances farfetched?

Dec 8, 12 11:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: