Archinect
anchor

2 Jan - Who's at work today?

4arch

Had the option of taking off Friday or today...took Friday...so did everyone else in my office.

Jan 2, 06 9:12 am
SuperHeavy

no wok today. free day for grad app stuff!!!

Jan 2, 06 9:47 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

for those following, the intern made contact with the mother-ship yesterday.
prizes will be distributed to everyone who bet we would not hear from him until after the first!
and, hell yeah, i'm working today....

Jan 2, 06 10:05 am  · 
 · 
impalajunkie

yup, here at work. I've never seen traffic this light here in the DC area!

Jan 2, 06 10:12 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hell yeah I'm here too. And still stressed out busy with a slab plan due Wednesday - the guys are staking today but I haven't finalized plumbing locations aacckkk!

Hope your intern contact doesn't turn into a confrontation el jeffe - good luck!

Jan 2, 06 10:15 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

tell the contractor to box them out lb.
speaking of boxing...

Jan 2, 06 10:25 am  · 
 · 

here too, hopefully today I will finish I have a deadline-wife not happy that I'm at work...

Jan 2, 06 11:35 am  · 
 · 

and el jeffe thats freaking unbelievable, that cat must think that he has a job no matter what he does.
Good luck LB.

Jan 2, 06 11:36 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Checking in from work today.... Our official holiday was Friday, so that we'd only have to use up three vacation days to take off the week between Christmas and New Years. Downtown Chicago feels like a ghost town right now.

Jan 2, 06 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
Gray

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSs.. no work on monday.. god how that makes the week pass smoothly !.. !!!!. just 4 days of work..

Jan 2, 06 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

No work. Doing laundry. A LOT of laundry. Also, still trying to piece together what happened Saturday night. Just discovered some mysterious scratches on my arm. I have no idea....

Jan 2, 06 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Here, but the boss isn't and all our contacts our out too. So It's like I'm getting paid to watch batman begins on my laptop.

Jan 2, 06 2:38 pm  · 
 · 

woinderk sounds very "memento-ish". any leads yet?

Jan 2, 06 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Tell more, WonderK, tell more....

Jan 2, 06 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i'm sure the laundry will provide many clues.

Jan 2, 06 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

wait, some of you freaks had last week off?

i gotta find a better profession.

Jan 2, 06 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

WonderK, dont want to sound like a smartass, but looks like you finally got IT???

just got to work, its 2:00 pm and raining heavily, got a nasty cough, but need to send out a submittal with minor alterations - just 2-3 hours of work

Jan 2, 06 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i worked friday, and half a day saturday, and today

Jan 2, 06 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i don't get paid on the weekends also

Jan 2, 06 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hmmmm thats weird...i have this skin under my nails and well i have no idea...

Jan 2, 06 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

OK, ok. This thread is about not being at work today. It's NOT about what happened on New Year's Eve. I feel bad when I commandeer threads like that. Why don't I start a new thread so I can rid myself of all that catholic guilt.

Jan 2, 06 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I just have to say - WonderK derailed this thread, NOT ME, so if I pick where she left off I'm not really breaking my new year's resolution not to highjack threads, right?!?!?

But really WonderK that's what we all want to know, what DID happen new years eve? Did the laundry give any clues?

(I can assure you vado's new year's didn't look anything like that pic he posted - unless it happened well after 1am)

Jan 2, 06 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Oh and back to topic it's 6:15 local time, I'm home but still have a couple hours work to do...sigh.

Jan 2, 06 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I'm sorry. I do want to say that I am not at all looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.

Jan 2, 06 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

WonderK come on! Tell us what you did as the calendar switched from 31 Dec to 1 Jan - that's definitely relevant to a thread titled "2 Jan.."!!

Jan 2, 06 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

oh, sorry sorry, I didn't see you HAD started a thread on it...I'm off to read that one...

Jan 2, 06 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

were a toolbelt or tools involved in any way???

Jan 2, 06 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
bothands

how 'bout if we have a poll of how many archinectors are actually friends, and members of such tre-cool thread-hijacking cliques? (I'm not jealous, really...well a little...) but back on topic, I was also at work today, tho the office pretty much shut down all last week, till tomorrow when the poop hits the fan...

Jan 3, 06 5:10 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

bothands, I'm friends with lots of these people even though I've never met them. No worries. We just like to give each other crap instead of discussing actual important issues.

Like the fact that I AM back at work today and it SUCKS!!!

Jan 3, 06 8:34 am  · 
 · 

yup, being back to work is over-rated. could have not come in today because of snow (about a third of the office has already called in) but figured that earning some money would be nice.

Jan 3, 06 9:18 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Sorry bothands - I'm trying not to derail threads any more in '06. But as WonderK (who I have never met but consider a pal nonetheless) said, it's just more fun to talk sh*t than address the many serious requests fro advice/experience/discussion that happen here. Though I enjoy those too.

Up til 12:30 again last night, this week is going to be another rough one. el jeffe, you meet your deadline OK? Oops that's considered highjacking isn't it. Help, I can't stop!

Jan 3, 06 11:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: