Archinect
anchor

The Pavilion - need a bit of design help for this cool project

JimGrapek

Hi.  Thanks for taking a look.  Wasn’t sure where to post since this is more like a spec project right now yet I am able to put a few hundred bucks into it.  If we get into more time and deliverables, there are other options we can discuss.  Meanwhile, when we’re given the go ahead and funded next year, a lot more options will open up.  

The project is called The Pavilion, and it’s a ‘21st century, multiplexed lifestyle club’.  http://www.associatedproducers.com/projects/documents/ThePavilionOverview12-6.pdf

Part next generation health club, part social club, and part ‘World’s Fair’, The Pavilion delivers an immersive, exhilarating experience unlike anything out there today.  It’s a home away from home where friends can meet…  to rejuvenate their bodies, stimulate their minds, and nourish their souls.  

I’ve been developing The Pavilion concept with a small team for about a year now.  We’re currently looking for a viable, 2.2-acre lot in the DC metro area with the best demographics to support the concept.  At that point we’ll finish the business plan and go after financing.

All I really need right now is ‘eye candy’, and I’d like to work with someone who can take some of our designs and deliver a polished, exterior rendering.  I can send some images… but imagine a small, geodesic-like biosphere connected to an architecturally striking, main building.  Could be a tri-pyramid, angular design… could look a little like the Gates Foundation building with geo-dome attached… or you may have some design thoughts, as well.

I’m seeing one, good, slightly elevated front view with some landscaping.  Make sense?  Of course we’ll need more when we’re funded – but for now, a flashy, eye-catching design to attract attention and to stir up people’s imagination is sufficient.  When the time comes to produce more, real money should be available.  ;)

Interested in helping us out with this cool project?  I would love to hear from you.
Best,

Jim

[email protected]

Dec 12, 11 2:11 pm
won and done williams

Sounds like you may need to hire an architect!

Dec 12, 11 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

how much you paying

Dec 12, 11 2:27 pm  · 
 · 

Helping?

You mean working for free.

Dec 12, 11 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
tuna

why don’t you post this under the employment boards and see how many replies you get? mention that you’re looking for someone that has 15 years of experience and will be working for something that is a slap in the face. 

Dec 12, 11 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
MixmasterFestus

Such ambitious goals...

...yet such a small fee!

If design is a part of your overall business plan and it's hard to pay an architect properly, perhaps you offer an architect some kind of equity stake and include them in your scheming?  Look for someone with skills who also can give proper insight into site selection and maybe can search property databases for good ones.

Dec 12, 11 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

what is it you think us monkey...err...architects do? do you think my 5 year bachelors degree, and my 5 years of interning...err...slaving at an architect's office, is worth my time, producing your "ideas", in some asinine attempt at polishing a turd, for a few scheckels??

calgon, take me away.

Dec 12, 11 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

haha

calgon take me away

Dec 12, 11 11:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: