Archinect
anchor

progressive architects in new jersey??

sdrawkcabsti

i have recently graduated from pratt with my b.arch and am looking at firms in NJ, but haven't come across any that seem interested in architecture outside if peak roofed cookie cutters ... i'm stranded here in nj and want to work at a firm that is abit foward thinking ... any ideas ... any firms in NJ?

Dec 26, 05 1:57 pm
princeton?
Dec 26, 05 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
some person

To second the Princeton idea... Hillier's main office is in Princeton, NJ.

Hillier

Dec 26, 05 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

go talk to nastasi in hoboken.

Dec 26, 05 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
vinatieri

in princeton:
ralph lerner's office could be good? terry smith's office does some ok work.

did Stan Allen move his practice to princeton? How about WW are they in Princeton now?

Dec 29, 05 9:31 am  · 
 · 
dragthelake
http://www.jerseydevildesignbuild.com/about.htm
Dec 30, 05 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
bothands

Lerner's moving to Hong Kong to head a school there; WW would be interesting if they ae setting up shop in Princeton (alongside teaching there); yeah and what about Allen -- it seems to be work with James Corner these days (NYC-based I'm pretty sure)...

Dec 31, 05 1:45 am  · 
 · 
h1

Jersey is the most densely populated state in the U.S., yet there are practically no good places to work. Why? Because it is sandwiched between two of the most historically important cities in the U.S. So, the real question is, why do you want to WORK in New Jersey, when the state exists almost exclusively to provide transit between, and cheap bedrooms for, NYC and PHL? Whether you have to live in Jersey for religious reasons or so you can say you share daily the same sacred ground as Bon Jovi, the way to go is Camden or Jersey City (and a Bus/Metro Pass).

Jan 1, 06 9:51 am  · 
 · 
rsteath

I'm pretty sure Whitte and Whiting now practice in Princeton after moving down there from Harvard/Somerville and to my knowing Stan Allen is still right there, walking distance from PU.

Jan 3, 06 7:29 am  · 
 · 
sdrawkcabsti

Thank you for the names ... much appreciated
And h1 sometimes people are just in a place, but thanks for the overly astute assumptions.

Best.

Jan 16, 06 4:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: