Archinect
anchor

What's good in your hood

Josh Emig

I moved this from the "insane tools" thread because I thought it might deserve its own thread.

This is a couple of blocks from me.

Dec 22, 05 2:19 pm
garpike

Can't get enough of this guy this guy. Unfortuntely I'll be seeing it all too soon.

Dec 22, 05 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

My code abilities are on holiday break...

Dec 22, 05 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
some person

They don't call it Pentagon City for nothing...

When the country's threat level is Code Orange, you can see the rooftop snipers from the ground.

And I wonder why tourist photography around the Pentagon is prohibited yet anyone can get a bird's eye from a personal computer...

Dec 22, 05 11:42 pm  · 
 · 

I wonder what goes on in all those courtyards - I can hear the studio review now: "So this is where dogs go to die?" and "Have you considered any of the other regular polygons?"

Dec 23, 05 12:00 am  · 
 · 

I've never seen this before.

I might drive out there and take a look tomorrow.

Dec 23, 05 12:14 am  · 
 · 
myriam

ha ha ha, so my prof wasn't the only one to go on about the spaces where the alley cats went to die!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha, that's awesome

hehe, regular polygons... classic, 765

Dec 23, 05 2:15 am  · 
 · 

within a mile of my house...

Eisenman
Graves and Hargraves
Morphosis, GS+A, MRY
Pei+Cobb
Gehry

Dec 23, 05 1:08 pm  · 
 · 

Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Dec 23, 05 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

5, you forgot Wes Jones' red stairs I think behind Michael Graves' building.

Who did the lawn behind the Gehry building on campus? I seem to remember it was pretty cool.... too bad no bird's eye is available.

I have only visited UC twice or thrice, but that campus is really nice.

Dec 23, 05 4:14 pm  · 
 · 

All landscaping is Hargreaves.

Yeah, I never understood what was so hot about that staircase.

Dec 23, 05 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I like those stairs way back mostly because I thought I would never see a Wes Jones built work... and within a few hours drive of where I was living.

Dec 23, 05 4:37 pm  · 
 · 

Well if you like finding rare built work, then I have a real gem 2 blocks from me: Aaron Betsky. That's right, Aaron Betsky. Junky little pomo EIFS supermarket facade he did before he ditched practice altogether. Pastels, geometry, pediments, everything. By the book. Ha.

Dec 23, 05 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ha ha oh man...

Dec 23, 05 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
aeaa

those wes jones stairs are nice to look at, tough to walk up and down with another person..........that makes sense right? ahahaha. I always avoided walking that way.

I got nothing really in my hood at the moment, a big ol sewage treatment plant that is under construction, smells...er...is looking nice?

Dec 23, 05 5:34 pm  · 
 · 

No problem, now, though, because they've been closed a couple of years because they're BUSTED.

Dec 23, 05 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Really, 5? No more twinkly lights?

Dec 23, 05 6:21 pm  · 
 · 

Just rust and a blockade.

Dec 23, 05 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
FLW

3 blocks from me. Forgot about that one.

Dec 26, 05 10:06 am  · 
 · 
some person

I forgot about the other structure 50 paces in the other direction from the Pentagon, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) ... my namesake (or nick-namesake?)

Luckily we can only SEE the planes from our apartment, not hear them.

Dec 26, 05 3:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: