Archinect
anchor

Trace Paper

mn

How do you guys document your drawings done on trace. When I scan them they look awful. Should I try photographing them?

Dec 21, 05 3:57 pm
Devil Dog

i photcopy them then scan the b&w copy.

Dec 21, 05 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
archaalto

I usually use the large format oce scanner, & then work some magik in photoshop.

Dec 21, 05 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
Mahler

its called bung wad...dude!

Dec 22, 05 12:59 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

ahem ... i believe "Bumwad" is the correct term

Dec 22, 05 9:20 am  · 
 · 
Mahler

that you for the insight and spelling...btw never use ahem... it is damn rude!

Dec 22, 05 10:04 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

Mahler: i apologize ... it was not my intent to be rude

Dec 22, 05 10:50 am  · 
 · 
ess

OR...

You can always sandwich your trace sheets between two pieces of acetate and then run them through a large format scanner. I have always found this to work well.

Acetate (large clear sheets that look like overhead transparencies) can be found at any good art supply store - or online from Charette.

Dec 22, 05 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Wow! Mahler has control issues.

Dec 22, 05 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
rsteath

Make -em grayscale?

-or Do any of you guys like the look of smears, and smudges or is just me? Not wrinkles and creases in the paper, but those dark spots.

Dec 22, 05 9:34 pm  · 
 · 
rsteath

I hate the way it feels to step on trace paper. It 1. feels like I'm gonna fall, or 2. feels like I'm really ruining someone's pin-up to come.

Dec 22, 05 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Your still using trace paper....thought we had all gone paperless.

Dec 23, 05 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
dorie

I find that using a conventional scanner is fine with trace if I lay a sheet of plain white paper behind it (trace> white paper> scanner lid) then I make sure to scan at a fairly high DPI and I have rarely had any problems. A little contrast/brightness correction in photoshop and that pretty much does it.

Dec 25, 05 1:57 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: