Archinect
anchor

rendering rhino...

hyperbolical paraboloid

can i do it in formz radiozity? other options?

Dec 21, 05 7:50 am
FOG Lite

It seems like there have been several threads on this recently, search the archives...

But I'll go ahead and answer anyway...

Flamingo (rendering plug-in for Rhino) does do radiosity, it looks pretty good but is very slooooooow. If you can wait a month V-Ray for Rhino will be available, see garpike's examples in another thread. Good looking stuff!

You can export to Max but you need a third party plug-in to get everything to import nicely. Again, there's another thread on this.

There's also Rhinoman to Air, great looking results but a tricky interface.

Dec 21, 05 11:02 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

It seems like there have been several threads on this recently, search the archives...

But I'll go ahead and answer anyway...

Flamingo (rendering plug-in for Rhino) does do radiosity, it looks pretty good but is very slooooooow. If you can wait a month V-Ray for Rhino will be available, see garpike's examples in another thread. Good looking stuff!

You can export to Max but you need a third party plug-in to get everything to import nicely. Again, there's another thread on this.

There's also Rhinoman to Air, great looking results but a tricky interface.

Dec 21, 05 11:02 am  · 
 · 
garpike

I agree. Wait for V-Ray. If you are a student, the full version is only $250. This is ridiculously cheap! Otherwise it is $800... still relatively cheap.

I can't comment on Flamingo's Radiosity as I have never had the patience. It takes way too damn long... And Flamingo is already slow.

But back to your original question, you can bring your Rhino model into formz and render no problem, but it is a tedious go-around.

Dec 21, 05 7:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: