Archinect
anchor

lake arrowhead, ca

ret

What's it like? Anyone been there? Wanted to go to Big Bear, but everythings booked for the weekend. Will live here and drive to Big Bear.
Need stuff for my "things to do there list"

Dec 20, 05 2:19 pm
spaceghost

ive been there a few times. i used to go there for ice hockey training camp when they still had the 1/2 indoor 1/2 outdoor rink. i heard it burned down a few years ago. there is kind of a main town right around their. 1/2 mile of street where there is a movie theater, grocery store and quaintish type shops. there is another thing like that after you cross over the bridge to big bear. i don't remember there being too much to do up there. but i was with my hockey team so chilling out not doing anything after (3) 2hour sessions on the ice was pretty alright for us. i think it is a pretty typical tourist mountain ski resort type of town. big bear is not far depending on where you are staying in arrowhead.

do you say break a leg for ski/snowboarding? or is that strictly a acting thing?

either way have fun!

Dec 20, 05 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
ret

thanks. I'm for the chilling out part. I guess i'll throw in a short hike or two.

Dec 20, 05 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
Philip Gentleman

lake arrowhead is pretty cool, and is much less white trash than big bear. it actually feels like a mountain town, as opposed to big bear, which is basically corona in the hills.

Dec 20, 05 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Was at Big Bear this past weekend. Only reason I went there was I stayed at a cabin at Mt. Baldy, which was tough to book, even three months ago, and needed to get a day of snowboarding in. Mt. Baldy was bald. We left our R&R at the cabin and headed to Big Bear.

I guess my point in all of this is for chilling, the cabins at Mt. Baldy are cool, cheap, and super close by.

Dec 21, 05 7:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: