Archinect
anchor

Airport Design?

jumpy

Anyone know any good resources for airport design, or design for airport security components? Thanks

Dec 20, 05 9:23 am
jumpy

Nothing? I'm getting ready to work on a competition and haven't yet found a good starting point.

Dec 20, 05 10:43 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

the FAA used to (don't know if they still do) post Advisory Circulars on their website; some dealt with Airport design. I think you'll have difficulty finding info on the security measures but you may be able to find something on the TSA site. What sort of competition is it that you're concerned about security specifics?

Dec 20, 05 10:55 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe
Yup, the FAA still posts the info
Dec 20, 05 10:56 am  · 
 · 
jumpy

Its a student Competition. You can design a whole airport or focus on varius security elements, layouts or techniques. Its goal is to create a airport which is more secure yet flows better and isn't a nightmare to traverse through. I guess they are looking for an airport that is secure but still allows for a pleasant experience. Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

Dec 20, 05 11:06 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

interesting.
suggestion = remote baggage operations.

Dec 20, 05 11:24 am  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

try the metric handbook- it tells you how to design a seventies airport - it's brilliant, and has some quite useful data especially about how prosesses are expected to work together, but might be difficult to find if you work in the land of imperialists.

Dec 20, 05 12:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: