Archinect
anchor

anyone running virtual pc on a mac?

hyperbolical paraboloid

care to share your thoughts? I am ambivalent about buying a pc laptop, but need to use rhino. any advice much appreciated.

Dec 19, 05 12:59 pm
FOG Lite

You will be much happier if you just go ahead and buy the PC. I tried it a couple years ago and it was awful, very slow, crashtastic, not worth the money I spent on the software. If you buy a PC laptop, DO NOT get a celeron processor, spend a little more to get a centrino, pentium or AMD chip.

Dec 19, 05 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I agree - its only for specific tasks that you would ever need to do this. I dont see any benefit for an architect or designer to need this. Its not good for daily operations and tasks.

Dec 19, 05 1:46 pm  · 
 · 

autocad is probably about the limit of what you would use virtualPC for

Dec 20, 05 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
nikola

My partner uses it on a G5. Only for specific applications. It works okay. Hasn't ever crashed out. A little slower performance than with just Mac applications, but okay nevertheless.

Dec 20, 05 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
do_arch

Wait to buy an apple until the new Intel chip Mac is out (January I think). There are rumors that there will be a way to boot up the machine in Windows. This may be total BS, but who knows. I have tried VPC, including its most recent incarnation, and it totally sucks. Even running it for things like Acad was super slow.

Dec 21, 05 10:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: