Archinect
anchor

Arch 101: How to get through architecture school.

Jordan Lloyd

Hello all,

I've been working on a handbook for architecture and design students and I've decided to give away the first chapter away to gauge interest. Arch 101:

• Written specifically for architecture and design students
  • Focuses on short essays and visual examples that explains concepts to help you through the day to day of project development
  • Written in plain conversational language, free of architectural jargon
  • Covers topics from ideas generation, productivity and communicating ideas effectively
  • Emphasis on results whilst maintaining a social life

You can download the free chapter here.  

Comments and suggestions are welcome. Enjoy!

Dec 9, 11 7:15 am

Good document so far. I'll try to read through it a little more. 

One comment, though: You might want to enlist a good copy editor to check grammar and clarity. It's hard to be your own copy editor. This should be someone you trust and someone close enough to you that you can discuss in person what you're meaning to say and compare it to how another interprets the language you've written. Reading out loud is a good test, as well. 

It looks like this will be a fun thing!

Dec 9, 11 7:24 am  · 
 · 
Jordan Lloyd

Hi Steven,

You're bang on there. My plan is to finish the entire book as a draft before handing it over to a copy editor be meticulously combed through. 

Getting some good discussion for other sections going already.

Cheers!

Dec 9, 11 7:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: