Archinect
anchor

Architects attire

reverseplan

i have always wonderd if an architect should be be dressed as he feels right..what do you think..
i love my old jeans...still...a old fashined type....

i am often dressed informally for my meetings...
though i feel some times i should be formal..what do you think??!!

Dec 17, 05 1:35 pm
Hasselhoff

Always wear all black. Always.

Dec 17, 05 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Hmmm... all black? That is sooo 1990's architect. So what is the all black of today?

Dec 17, 05 3:09 pm  · 
 · 

no, black is out. BLACK is the new black.

Dec 17, 05 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Is red back? Red and black? That's a good combo. What I wish to never come back is blue and black.

Dec 17, 05 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

The blue looks great on the columns, in the water and in the sky, but not so good on the Banana Replublic Amish outfit.

Dec 17, 05 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Open houses and reviews look like funerals.

Dec 17, 05 4:24 pm  · 
 · 

as long as the shirt or jacket are expensive the rest don matter. jeans, corduroy bell-bottoms, thong, whatever.

one of the profs in my schools wear's black religiously. he is heading to real fame, edits the top japanese magazine, is a prof at the most famous school in the country, and has real ability as a designer, but man that all black thing really makes hiim look like a pretentious idiot. hard to take any architect seriously if they can't step beyond monochrome.

toyo ito dresses like will alsop designs his outfits and see were that has got him...see, proof...

Dec 17, 05 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
previously discussed

But I'll take this opportunity to state again that I feel it is important for the architect to be the most stylish person at the meeting. Unless perhaps you're designing a new store for Prada.

Dec 17, 05 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

If you wear all black try some really far out shoe colors. Like orange and green.

Jump - totally.. all that matters is the top. hopefully this trend continues I love wearing jeans to work.

Dec 17, 05 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
arqa

What did Napoleon Bonaparte wear???

Dec 18, 05 12:16 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

leggins?

Dec 18, 05 2:25 am  · 
 · 

Dec 18, 05 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Is that tiger Prada?

Dec 18, 05 12:29 pm  · 
 · 

Ich denk "Euphrates Cat" oder Katzenjammer.

Mein Architekten

"Ich fahr liebstens schwarz."

Dec 18, 05 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

oh my god

Dec 18, 05 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
rigor mortis

love it....

Dec 19, 05 12:55 am  · 
 · 
ElTomas

jeans t shirt and flip flops if ur in the office drawing or building models...

jeans t shirt and sneakers if ur on the job site doing a field report...

slacks button down and dress shoes for client meetings....

Dec 19, 05 11:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: