Archinect
anchor

Interviewed today at Bermello + Ajamil and SandyBabcock (SB) in Miami..

cmdace18

Both interviews went really well. I'll be graduating with an M.Arch in April and have 4 years of experienced. Both firms have high interest, and it looks as though I'll be getting offers from them within the next two months. I'm pretty excited.

SandyBabcock , as known as SB architects, was really nice. Spoke with a senior designer, as well as one of the VPs. 25 person firm, lots of work.

BA partners. one word. WOW. 210 employees in Miami, 3 floors with EIGHT departments in cocunut grove - in a brand new building. Spoke with the recruiter, extremely nice.

I'm pretty excited, I also interviewed with some smaller firms in Boca, and have an offer on the table in Ft. Lauderdale.

Anyone have questions or possibly interviewing in south florida now? 3 days, 4 interviews, and 300 miles of driving. thank god i'm going to aruba on sunday =) take care

Dec 15, 05 6:45 pm
cmdace18

any thoughts on these 2 firms? anyone?

Dec 27, 05 12:38 am  · 
 · 
snooker

They interviewed you between Christmas and New Years....who did you interview...the Office Boy?

Dec 27, 05 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

snooker, be nice

Dec 27, 05 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
cmdace18

if you look at the date of my original post .... well .. i wont finish the rest of the line ... i'll be nice

Dec 27, 05 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

im talking to snooker, unless camdace=snooker

Dec 27, 05 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

geezee.....I was just kidding....As we who have been know...most partners skip town during the holidays. If you have sun you go skiing on the winter slopes, if you have snow you head for sun and the the blue waters for inspiration. Ya and some partners....hit the slopes early or those oceans of blue, but don't get to concerned unlikely you will hear from anyone until after the holidays.

Dec 28, 05 10:22 am  · 
 · 
cmdace18

To answer your question snooker, i met with the VP at sb architects and at B+A, the recruiting cooridnator, which is the standard protocall..

i know i wont hear from the firms until at the earliest the middle of january ... anyways.....

im still looking for feedback about these firms, so if anyone knows about the working environement please post. Thank you.

Dec 28, 05 10:25 am  · 
 · 
J3

SB: Heard of them...not sure about the quality of their work.
B&A: We are currently workin on several projects with them (as the interior architect/designer) and they do solid work. As far as local firms go, I think this one will give you the exposure needed for someone who is starting out. Sure the smaller firm may allow for a little more responsibility, but at the end of the day B&A are larger and better respected.
Not sure if you are still looking, but the market is still hot... Nichols Brosch Wurst Wolfe, and we are hiring.
Good luck. Will check back when I return from Vacation on Tues. Jan.3

Dec 28, 05 11:24 am  · 
 · 
J3

link doesn't work...try this:
this

Dec 28, 05 11:25 am  · 
 · 
cmdace18

J3 -- Yes, I'm still looking -- and have been interviewing with a handful of firms. I'm hoping to make a decision by the beginning of March. I'm willing to make as many trips as needed from Gainesville (UF) to south florida this upcomming semester to find the best fit for both my employer and I. The more interviews and the more people I talk to, the more comfortable I will be in making the final decision. I'll send my resume + information to your firm. Thanks for the post.

CD

Dec 28, 05 11:45 am  · 
 · 
rayray

yo J3 - happy new year ! - sat on a jury at catholic with the mighty PQ, it
was a lot of fun to hear him talk about architecture for an afternoon. best.

Dec 28, 05 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
cmdace18

J3 -

I sent an email to you - i forwarded my information to rtkl tonight. contact me @ [email protected]

thanks

CD

Jan 5, 06 12:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: