Archinect
anchor

Do you Print to PDF or Save as PDF with rasterized images?

Narddog

Hey gang,

As the title asks...for purposes of viewing pdfs on screen of portfolio content such as (jpgs, pngs, vector linework, transparent fills, etc.) what is the best way to save this as a pdf for viewing? I've always exported/save as pdfs with my vector line work placed back in as rasterized images to avoid the whole (enhance thin lines issue). I always knew about "print to pdf" but never used it til today testing it out. I was curious is printing to pdf the better way to go? Does it ensure lineweights and everything else is embedded and correct no matter what screen its viewed on? Any help is appreciated! Thanks. Out~

Narddog 

Dec 7, 11 12:49 pm
boy in a well

why not keep vector graphics as vector graphics until there is a reason not too?

Jul 24, 13 4:16 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

corporate trolls!!

I banish you with bay area indie rock!

sim sala bim!

Jul 24, 13 4:26 am  · 
 · 
Veuxx
Fku2 many PDF viewers don't listen to the line weights you set and they appear extremely thick. Rasterizing guarantees what you see is what everyone gets...
Jul 24, 13 11:34 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

then those pdf viewers aren't really viewers are they?

and their makers should be waterboarded and burned at the stake. eyes ripped out and fingers broken. forced to live in traditional and classical style buildings, only able to read books written by high school students filled with high school vagaries which warm the heart but leave the soul chillingly cold.

Jul 24, 13 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
**sigh**
Jul 25, 13 11:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: