Archinect
anchor

Archinect San Diego social?

Mahler

Has there ever been a Archinect San Diego social where we all get together and chat over a few drinks? If not, there most certainly should be one. What do all of you SDArchinecters think?

Dec 12, 05 5:23 pm
Mahler

is there anyone here from san diego? jeez, i though this might be cool.

Dec 12, 05 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
Mahler

?

Dec 12, 05 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

hmmm...you might want to wait for a day or two to get a response

Dec 12, 05 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
Mahler

i guess so...

Dec 12, 05 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
qs

Well, I'm from San Diego but living in Berkeley right now. As for getting responses, the problem might be that there just aren't that many archinecters living in San Diego.

It's worth a shot. If you want this to work then I think the social is going to have to happen at the imperial house. I'm being completely serious, this is one of the only places that I like from San Diego. That and Nunu's. And maybe the Red Fox Room.

Do any of you guys remember when Bar Dynamite was fun?

Okay, now that I have completely hijacked this thread,
...I might just go to that social when I'm back home for Christmas.

Dec 13, 05 4:22 am  · 
 · 
Mahler

I love the red fox too. i have only been to nunu's once and enjoyed it also. the imperial room it seems is only a few blocks away from my place, so i sould check it out. what is it like on a friday night?

Dec 13, 05 10:41 am  · 
 · 
unoriginal

I might go. I live in SD.

Dec 13, 05 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
FlowB

im in sd...just moved here...would be up for shooting the shit somewhere...nunu's, turf club, whistle stop, sparky's....lets get something toghether.

Dec 13, 05 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
Mahler

all of the place listed sound great and are nearby. i have an office party to attend saturday night so this weekend is not good for me. but i agree we should all meet-up and shoot the shit.

Dec 13, 05 11:57 pm  · 
 · 
unoriginal

what happened?

Dec 28, 05 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
The Job Captain

you guys, don't get together and have a social or a "mixer." that's just wierd. you are too old for that sort of thing. you probably all know each other anyway.

Dec 28, 05 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
unoriginal

do you live in san diego? did we call it a mixer?

Dec 28, 05 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
The Job Captain

no, but other people have used mixer before. i mean, i suppose i came on a little strong there, heh heh. i completely support social interaction, but please, don't do this. you should meet people who aren't architects. it is the only way. believe me.

Dec 28, 05 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
The Job Captain

before its too late for you.

Dec 28, 05 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
Mahler

i am still intersted.

Dec 28, 05 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
unoriginal

I know you don't live in SD "Job Captain" so leave us alone to have our meetings. Mahler, we should all meet, all the SD archinector non-shut-ins

Dec 28, 05 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
Mahler

lets do it. i am open most of the time. any suggestions on when and where? nunu's is fun. that is my one cent.

Dec 28, 05 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
unoriginal

yea or somewhere in the beaches..OB ..La Jolla

Dec 28, 05 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
Mahler

i like ob. pehaps there. we need to try to make it a group thing (i would think) rather than a twosome. my other cent.

Dec 28, 05 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
unoriginal

I've got another coworker of mine thats interested, we should get more people for sure

Dec 28, 05 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
Mahler

cool...one of my coworker is also interested. so that is 4

Dec 28, 05 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
archoholic

I'm in. I think it's always good to network and have fun. Might I even suggest a paddle with all the good swell as of late. Although I am heading out of town for New Years if you guys wanna throw down in 06 I will surely make a point of it.........cheers.

Dec 28, 05 10:23 pm  · 
 · 

I sencond Job Captain's concerns. We had a 10-person (or so) archinect-together in Cincinnati when Javier was in town, and talked about goddamned architecture for so long that I hated the subject for a week. You can do the meeting, but be careful to mix up your dialogue.

Dec 28, 05 10:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: