Archinect
anchor

I go Tech High School and I got some questions about Architect field.

rUafraid

I'm Freshman in Technical H.S Class of 2015 and I taking Architectural Technologies. I have and questions about this field.

Is Begin Architect Hard and Job Too?

Is True the Industry is not doing too good in 2011 cause of the economy and will pick up by 2015 when I graduate H.S?

How Much It Pays?

I live in 1 hour 10 min from Manhattan and Does it pay it will pay more and how much you get for Internship.

What Do they do in Internship?

Do u enjoy begin a Architect and is it stressful?

How much House/Buildings u do month and is it hard?

How much you making at a year?

Is it hard finding a job?

and please tell more stuffs about

Here the Gorse Descriptions and also we using Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 Software. Does this prepare me on going on College.

EXPLORATORY AND INTRODUCTION TO SUSTAINABLE BUILDING TECHNOLOGY

All Grade 9 students go through the Exploratory Program. Please see page 7 for more detail Students deciding to enter the field of sustainable building technologies will be instructed in program safety and the proper use and care of drafting tools and equipment. Students are introduced to basic drafting skills, including standard drawing conventions and principles, which allows them to communicate graphically. Students begin with small sketching assignments, progress to orthographic and pictorial drawings, and end with floor plan and elevation development. Students will also be introduced to sustainable building. They will learn the meaning of sustainable, why it is important in today’s building industry, and the various evaluation instruments that are used to create a sustainable building such as LEED, Green Globes, and Energy Star. Technology-related mathematics, reading, writing, vocabulary, history, and science are integrated throughout the curriculum.

SUSTAINABLE RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION AND ADVANCED DRAFTING PRINCIPLES
In Grade 10, students will learn about sustainable residential construction methods and materials. They will understand how a residential building is constructed and become familiar with the various building materials that are used in its construction while making it energy efficient and low-impact on the environment. Students continue to develop their drafting skills by developing construction documents and presentation drawings. Students will also be introduced to basic design standards and building codes. Students continue to receive instruction in safety requirements and demonstrate sound safety practices. Technology-related mathematics, reading, writing, vocabulary, history and science are integrated throughout the course

SUSTAINABLE RESIDENTIAL DESIGN AND MECHANICAL SYSTEMS
In Grade 11, students receive instruction and demonstrate skills in designing a residential building that is sustainable. This will include study of the various high performance building standards, site analysis, study of the various mechanical systems that are incorporated into a structure, and energy audits. Students continue to receive instruction in safety requirements and demonstrate sound safety practices. Students will perform in-school architectural design projects for customers. Students reaching an acceptable level of proficiency may be eligible for Work Based Learning (WBL). Technology-related mathematics, reading, writing, vocabulary, history, and science are integrated throughout the curriculum.

COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION DESIGN AND BUSINESS PRACTICES (3 credits)
In Grade 12, students receive instruction and demonstrate skills in cabinet design, engineered lumber, foundation types, site plans, roof designs, ceiling designs, section drawings, masonry, electrical fixtures, electrical loading and circuits, septic, well and city water, and electrical and plumbing codes. Students continue to receive instruction in safety requirements and demonstrate sound safety practices. Students will perform in-school architectural design projects for customers. Students will demonstrate the ability to complete a job application and interview and to perform entry-level job readiness and trade skills. Students reaching an acceptable level of proficiency may be eligible for Work Based Learning (WBL). The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) exam is administered in the second half of the senior year. Technology-related mathematics, reading, writing, vocabulary, blueprint reading and science are integrated throughout the curriculum.

Dec 4, 11 6:57 pm
drums please, Fab?

Is Begin Architect Hard and Job Too?

yes

Is True the Industry is not doing too good in 2011 cause of the economy and will pick up by 2015 when I graduate H.S?

yes, it is true!

How Much It Pays?

$28.73/hr

I live in 1 hour 10 min from Manhattan and Does it pay it will pay more and how much you get for Internship.

$22.09/hr

What Do they do in Internship?

architecture!

Do u enjoy begin a Architect and is it stressful?

yes and yes

How much House/Buildings u do month and is it hard?

about 2-7/16 per month and yes

How much you making at a year?

$58,609.20

Is it hard finding a job?

yes :'(

and please tell more stuffs about

iMafraid !!

Here the Gorse Descriptions and also we using Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 Software. Does this prepare me on going on College.

yes!

Dec 4, 11 7:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: