Archinect
anchor

architecture mags

red9382

am trying to find a new source for my monthly architectural fill. i had a theory course last year and remember being interested in casabella, domus, abitare, and archis. anyone have any info on these or some others i should know about?

Dec 5, 05 3:03 am
BLK

The domus is a classic one. - I guess it is the best general mag with therory and exemples.
But we prefer El Croquis - it has a great deal of texts by and about the presented architect.
and there are some places on the web ... like architettura.evaluata or something like that... its all about theory.

Dec 5, 05 7:39 am  · 
 · 
mdler

architectural record

Dec 5, 05 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
art tech geek

Harvard Design Review

Dec 5, 05 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
red9382

i remembered harvard design review as well. isn't it bi-annual though?

as for record....not a fan. cant stand all of the ads. looking for something with more substance.

thanks to BLK for the suggestions. i'll look into El Croquis.

Dec 5, 05 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

A+U
Detail
Grey Room
Monument

Dec 5, 05 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Dec 5, 05 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
AP

"Fun craft ideas with silver bracelets"

priceless.

Dec 5, 05 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

El Croquis

Personally, though, I don't consider a 'book' to be a magazine, just because they come out mroe than once a year. This includes Domus, Arbitare, etc.

Arch Record is still the best. Interior Design has great stuff. Even Arch Digest has stuff you won't see elsewhere, but you really have to dig (my father used to get free subscriptions, so he'd pass 'em on - I was pleasantly surprised - Mayne, Hadid, etc., all things I'd never seen).

Dec 6, 05 10:56 am  · 
 · 
trace™

Oh, and the ads...I hate most, too, but that's how it's cheap.

Dec 6, 05 10:57 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i would be lost without the robb report luxury home magazine

Dec 6, 05 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
Editoriale Lotus

Have you ever read Lotus?

Lotus is a unique architectural magazine distingushed by its well-written content in English and Italian, its memorable square shape, and elegant layout. It has proven to be an indispensable reference tool not only for students, teachers, libraries, professionals engaged in designing the built environment, but also anyone who wants to follow developments and innovations in the world of architecture.

Each issue of the magazine is dedicated to exploring and discussing a specific topic in architecture. Some recent topics have included "Favelas", " Landscape and Infrastructures", "Above Ruins", "Temporary Architecture", "Housing Differentiation", "New Settlements in China", to name a few. The topics are thoroughly explored through in-depth essays, diagrams, and photographs.

The magazine can be purchased in hard copy and the most recent 30 issues can be conveniently downloaded as a PDF from the website at half the price of the hard copy. The PDF is particularly useful to students, scholars, and researchers due to its flexibility and affordability.

www.editorialelotus.it

Mar 18, 11 11:47 am  · 
 · 
headyshreddy

if i could afford it i would check out the plan magazine

http://www.theplan.it/J/

Mar 18, 11 11:52 am  · 
 · 
headyshreddy

i also like the JAE. good articles.

http://www.jaeonline.org/

Mar 18, 11 11:54 am  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

Architectural design (AD)
Praxis
Footprint

Mar 18, 11 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
wrought.n

Mark Magazine

Mar 18, 11 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

I second Mark..

i also like FRAME
the current issue of AREA is also very nice
abitare
azure

and i know there's two more that i can't remember at the moment.

Mar 18, 11 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I really hope that the new AIA mag, Architect, doesn't kill Arch Record

Architect is, imho, a pretty horrible magazine (I've been getting it free for a while).

Mar 18, 11 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

stuff here

http://www.architectstore.com/magazine.html

Mar 20, 11 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Interior Design Magazine

Mar 20, 11 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
not_here

Read blogs.

google.com/reader on your computer.
pulse news on your iphone/android/ipad/(or if you rock like me)rooted nook color.

Mar 20, 11 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
TIQM

Traditional Building

Mar 21, 11 1:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: