Archinect
anchor

Recruiting Seasons?If any?

CitizenWalker

In the architectural field, do there tend to be hiring seasons - weeks or months when firms seem to take on more employees? And if so, what, according to your experiences, are they?

I agree it may be at times when large projects come in, but do big companies <or companies that do believe in the value of human resources> tend to concentrate their hiring process during any particular period?

Dec 1, 11 12:37 am
MixmasterFestus

I've heard the start of the new year and the end of the academic year, but this was also for engineering (and for new grads).

Dec 1, 11 10:21 am  · 
 · 
CitizenWalker

Yeah, I have heard that too. I know a lot of people who have got employment offers mainly around the months of February- March and June-July. I was wondering if there are any employers reading this who could shed more light on it.

Dec 2, 11 12:43 pm  · 
 · 

Early autumn (e.g., September) can be a decent time.  Offices are losing whatever summer help they might have had, fall can sometimes look daunting and–assuming the boss has just returned from a rejuvenating August holiday–management might actually be feeling in an optimistic/hiring mood.

I'd also second the early new year period (Jan-March).  There's a lot of informal schmoozing  taking place amongst the well-heeled set in their holiday boltholes.  This can easily lead to new work (and the need for extra help) in the new year.

Yo!

Dec 2, 11 1:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: