Archinect
anchor

any reference for new campus design?

ideo

dudes...am busy with a poject currently, a campus of a new college. the site is a piece of upland which makes me get bogged down. does anyone know any good design about campus out there? especially proper layout of network of roads for hilly campus? any insight would be appreciated.

Nov 30, 05 10:02 am
mm

you may wish to check out The Society for College and University Planning.

http://www.scup.org/

Nov 30, 05 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
tlmII

i immediately think of where I went to school - Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

took a recent trip and the campus is expanding further and further into the hills

Nov 30, 05 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
some person
link

It's a K-12 prep school outside of Philadelphia that is planning a new campus on a sloping site. Check out the starchitects on the project, too.

Nov 30, 05 11:21 pm  · 
 · 
spaceghost

i recommend any urban planning / town planning literature. it is pretty much the same concept; at least planning wise.

Nov 30, 05 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
ideo

thanx guys
i found california irvine is a good example
the difficulty is how to make a totally new campus of 350,000 m2 in a suburb area without any urban context. they even ask me a primitive proposal before our visiting to the site/city next week!

that's what is happening in china....everything goes crazy...

Dec 2, 05 11:05 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

ohhhhh.... this is a china project? ... good luck. some of those clients are insane.

Dec 2, 05 1:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: