Archinect
anchor

A place to stay?

Benoit

Hello all,
A group of Architecture students from Canada will be traveling to New York City on February 10th 2006 and staying for about a week. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a cheep place to stay? I have been looking into subletting an apartment for the week and then filling it with a bunch of students and sleeping bags but i have not found much in that regards.

So if anyone has a suggestion that would be great. If someone from New York wouldn't mind a small number of students crashing at their place for a week for some cash that would be sweet too.

Nov 29, 05 9:01 pm
driftwood

I recommend the Gershwin Hotel/Hostel

Nov 29, 05 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

Oops. I was going to split those up...

The above link is the hostel, this is the hotel.

Nov 29, 05 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
surface
http://www.whitehousehotelofny.com/

White House Hostel on Bowery

Nov 29, 05 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

Gershwin can be expensive if you want to do REALLY cheap the Chelsea International Hotel -- 4 to a room works out to be $28 a night each.

Nov 29, 05 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

that should be Hostel (naturally)

Nov 29, 05 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

It can be, true, but I was there right before GroundSwell closed and it was only $10 more a night than the Chelsea (and more conveniently located for my romp around the city).

Though the $10 sounds much more appealing to me now than it did then...

Nov 30, 05 12:14 am  · 
 · 
Helsinki

Go to the YMCAs. good location (at least the one close to columbus circle) and cheap. pretty clean too.

Nov 30, 05 4:06 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

she told me again
i prefer handsome men
but for you i will make an exception...

Nov 30, 05 6:00 am  · 
 · 
Benoit

Thanks for your responces...
I have been looking at the "WooGo Broadway - Herald Towers formerly YourStay" located at 50 West 34th Street. It seems like a pretty nice place. For a room that houses 4 people it is like $170 a night. I was just wondering if anyone has stayed at this place or knows anyone who has... i am interested because I would like to try to fit more than 4 people in the room to lower the price. Does anyone think it can be done? do you have to pass by the front desk everytime you enter the building.

If anyone has been there or even looked inside could they please drop a line..

Thanks

Nov 30, 05 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

i stayed at the pickwick arms the last time i was in NY. cheap. great location. there were swarms of drunk jewish kids from england running around. you could probably pull more people to a room than paid for there.

Dec 1, 05 10:54 am  · 
 · 
dia

I stayed here when I visited. I can vouch, and you can fit maybe 4-6 to a room if bed-sharing/bed-hopping is permissable.

Dec 1, 05 2:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: