Archinect
WonderK

This looks muy interesante.

Nov 29, 05 3:49 am  · 
 · 
driftwood

I think it's a joke. But not the kind you laugh at. I'm going to give it 30 minutes of my life and probably hate myself for it.

But I'm a cynical masochist like that.

Nov 29, 05 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

So how's this working for folks who are involved?

I spent about an hour on it this morning. There's some interesting stuff being talked about, I've been surprised a couple times by the people I've seen posting, but there's a lot of... I don't know. I think perhaps naivety?

I think the problem with this experience is that it's like trying to hit teacup at 100yards with a shotgun full of rock salt. It's just too scattered and all over the place. You can't just wade into a forum and get anywhere. I had to use the search function to find things that I really wanted to see and found that like most other threads, they'd died out long ago [in interweb time] because they'd been over run and diluted by countless other threads dealing with the same thing.

Thankfully, I don't hate myself for it. I've got something to talk about at least.

Dec 2, 05 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

i started posting early on (in the first 2 hours) but the structure is not set up for a good dialogue.

every person starts their own thread and it is hard to read ones that have been created early so people repost the same question over and over again - is. What is a slum?

if you post to a thread it doesn't even jump up to the 'latest thread' so it is buried. you don't even get email notice when the thread you started gets answered...... they should have hired Paul.

lost hours of time trying to find out how it was working. gave up.

Dec 3, 05 5:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: