Archinect
anchor

bumper stickers

I'm wondering what you guys think of them, specifically as a way to voice an opinion in a public setting. I'm not really looking for specific stickers, though I'm open to ones YOU might have on your cars, bikes or washing machine (etc). Thanks.

Nov 29, 05 2:05 am
db

one of my big pet peeves is CROOKED BUMPER STICKERS!!! drives me absolutely batty.

Nov 29, 05 6:52 am  · 
 · 
trace™

they just look cheap to me. stick them in the window and take them down after the elections! some are amusing, but in general they look like more cheap advertising.

Nov 29, 05 8:13 am  · 
 · 
A

I think there should be a law that you have one week after election day to remove all campaign bumper stickers, or risk getting a fine. I hate how over a year after the election I still see just as many K/E or B/C bumper stickers as the day before the election. Not to mention seeing scores of those old green bumper stickers for a now deceased senator from MN. They make you take down yard signs...it should be the same for bumper stickers.

Nov 29, 05 8:43 am  · 
 · 
paperboy

all bumper stickers on cars should be banned as well as any type of decal like the Jesus fish or those stick figure family stickers. They are all annoying. How bout getting rid of those spinning rims as well.

Nov 29, 05 11:54 am  · 
 · 
mm

You all sound like Andy Rooney... Is 60 minutes looking to hire his replacement yet?

While I think reducing important political issues to four word catch phrases dumbs down the importance of these issues, bumper stickers aren't that bad... Occasionally, one might even get me to smile.

But what do I know? I don't even own a car, so no bumper to hang my bumper sticker.

Nov 29, 05 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

bumper stickers are rad. cars are so boring nowadays: 3 paint colors, all have the same swoopy sneaker-like design... ugh. rock on, personalization! i also love personalized paint jobs. i don't normally put stickers on my products but i do love color and vitality. i wish i had the guts to put a bumper sticker on my car! (if i had one)

Nov 29, 05 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

There used to be this cool SAAB poster that had a SAAB fighter jet with a sticker on it that read "My other SAAB is a 93."

Nov 29, 05 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
gruen

mine says "i'm seein' robots"

Nov 29, 05 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

do cars even have bumpers anymore?

don't they just have expensive pieces of plastic that crack when you hit something these days?

maybe they ought to call them crackers instead of bumpers...then we'd all be talking about cracker stickers instead.

Nov 29, 05 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

Speaking of last years political bumper sticker...
Don't you ugys think that W's stickers were great. I hate "chimpy" didnt vote for him, etc...
But his stickers were beautifully done, best political piece of political graphic design I have seen. Simple, clear, and even that flag thingy on the left corner was in the shape of a W. Kerry's were emabarrasing, even Kucinich's were a hell of alot better.

I can't wait to see John McCain's!!!!
McCain '08!!!

Nov 29, 05 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

I love bumper stickers - probably the last effective venue for public expression of political opinion left in the United States.

Nov 29, 05 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

like melquiades, i thought the other W stickers, the 'W, The President' ones - square sticker, white W centered on black field - were very nicely done, from a designer standpoint.

'course i like the remarkably similar 'M, The Moron' stickers even better.

Nov 29, 05 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

stickers and other insignia are like tatoos cars wear, pimping driver's further vanity/identity. their sub groups includes but not limited to;
1. latin lovers
2. don't fuck with me types
3. white american conservative/liberal
3. surfers insignia
4. constitutional issue opinions
5. about driving habits combined with sexual innuendos
6. true originals
7. homesicks with country, state, city, suburb id tags, flags
8. hobby groups
9. trades
10. lifestyle advocates (go climb a mountain or gone fishin')
11.sports related
12. frats and sororities and their school
13. war and peace preferences
14. radio station advocates/rock music related
15. JESUS and variations
16. anti christ subliminals
17. parents catagories
18. triple-A and other membershoping
19. graphics onlees
20. 'ridin' newspapers' with tons of stickers with a story (good to have one in front of you during rush hour, a disappearing art form)
21. car lovers with gas staion handout stickers such as gastro oil, 76.
22. absolutely nature loving tax payer types
23. supporters of loosing political candidates still getting attention for their loyalty. usually x campaigner and on an suv
24. people sticking police dept public relation stickers, thinking cops will be sympethatic on a pull over action.

next; personalized license plate sub groups..

Nov 29, 05 5:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: