Archinect
anchor

OMA's Patio Villa.. resources?

6nuew

Other than SMLXL and Google, that is.. i need drawings and photographs.

Nov 21, 05 12:42 pm
db

Living

Nov 21, 05 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
raji

yeah, that's a lot of help

Nov 21, 05 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
6nuew

whats 'Living'?

Nov 21, 05 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
thenewold

is that the building in japan ? check the spanish magabook periodical 'el croquis' if you have that around. I'd scan mine for you but i don't have a scanner.

Nov 21, 05 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
6nuew

Nope, thats the 'House for two friends' in S,M,L,XL. The one with the patio generating the spaces around it. Thanks, anyway.

Nov 21, 05 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
db

LIVING is another book by/on OMA that details 5 house projects, the Patio Villa among them, complete with plans, sections, elevations, etc.

Nov 22, 05 6:04 am  · 
 · 
job job

nono living is the thing you do between deadlines

Nov 22, 05 6:17 am  · 
 · 
6nuew

damn.. $150 on Amazon.

Nov 22, 05 8:02 am  · 
 · 
thenewold

the patio house you referred to is also in the el croquis issue. GO FIND IT, or.... send me an email about what you're looking for exactly and I'll see if I can find a scanner and scans something for you whoever you are.....

Nov 22, 05 9:57 am  · 
 · 
thenewold

that house is super-duper-tres-way-mega-uber-cool by the way....

Nov 22, 05 9:58 am  · 
 · 
BigAaron

who the hell says 'uber' anymore?

Nov 22, 05 10:07 am  · 
 · 
thenewold

it was just a joke you big dummy

Nov 22, 05 10:15 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

we love to use uber

Nov 22, 05 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
thenewold

yeah, el croquis definitely has photos and drawings of the patio house. I'm looking at it now. it's a combination issue of issues 53+79. probably the house is in issue 53 if you find them seperately.

Nov 23, 05 10:53 am  · 
 · 
bothands

there's also a dvd series on architecture - one of which features that house - that you can rent thru netflix...

Nov 27, 05 1:31 am  · 
 · 
db

if the dvd series bothands is referring to is the "Architectures" series, which I highly recommend, HOWEVER the house listed there is Villa dal'Ava AND it is NOT actually on the disc. big disappointment there.

Nov 27, 05 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
bothands

db your right, I spaced, I was thinking Villa dal'Ava -- anyway, a friend of mine had a copy of that volume of of the DVD series before they took it off, it was a pretty amazing walk thru with a young, very awkward and sel-conscious-seeming Rem (the video obviously shot before his rockstardom), which is why he may have had it taken off the dvd?...

Nov 28, 05 1:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: