Archinect
anchor

Minimal / Sleek Smoke+Carbon Monoxide Detector

Christopher Connock

looking for a minimal smoke+cmonoxide detector...

the architectural devcies detector (the one featured in every design mag) is smoke only and isn't ready for mass production? I can't find it sold anywhere.

what are my options in the battery operated lines?

all the kidde, USI, firex etc have logos, hideous trims, thinner models without cmonoxide, etc

Nov 18, 05 4:11 pm
b3tadine[sutures]
http://www.architecturaldevices.com/
Nov 18, 05 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Nov 18, 05 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

That's exactly the model our office just seized on. Only problem is you can't lose that grey rim. (think it might be paintable, though? We're gonna find out.)

Nov 18, 05 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Grey rim? Isn't that a reveal?

Nov 18, 05 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I think it's slightly raised, from what it looks like in the picture? They seem to call it a "trim-ring"

Nov 18, 05 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
joed

wtf is your guys' problem, the man specifically said he was looking for something other than that specific fire detector.

Nov 18, 05 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

yeah my bad...read too quickly

Nov 18, 05 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
joed

haha

Nov 18, 05 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
ArchitecturalDevices

The grey ring is a reveal. The unit itself sits about 2mm below the plane of the ceiling.

We expect to begin shipping units in late March or early April. Please email me with any other questions. [email protected]

Dec 1, 05 2:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: