Archinect
anchor

Real estate in Los Angeles

ret

How many architects out there have a mortgage and a house? I wonder if i will ever be able to do that with the astronomical prices.

Nov 18, 05 1:33 pm
JMGrant

I wonder the same thing. Am trying to decide if I should return to CA, or stay in Texas, where I am completing my mArch in May. I sold my Long Beach house for 456K three years ago to go back to school. Now, it goes for 660K.

LA has many jobs, great weather, the beach, lots to do, maddening traffic, gangs, crime, smog, and high density.

College Station, Texas enjoys few jobs, terrible heat and humidity, no beach, nothing to do, no traffic, no gangs, no crime, no smog, low density, very nice people, and a family-friendly environment.

Where would you live?

Nov 18, 05 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

austin has many jobs, terrible heat and humidity, no beach, lots to do, maddening traffic, few gangs, little crime, no smog, low density, very nice people, and a family-friendly environment...

unless you mean "family-friendly" in the dr. james dobson way, which is to say xenophobic, homophobic, fundamentalist, conformist, suburban, anti-urban, anti-non-Christian, anti-feminist, anti-intellectual, anti-cultural

which -- you probably don't mean

so welcome to austin, we let aggies in if they promise to be nice

Nov 18, 05 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

oh, and though central austin housing is thru the roof my wife and i are buying a decent-sized "modern" townhouse (2/1.5/2) for $240K, which is not cheap but not LA either

if you don't mind KBHome you can buy for as cheap as $90K new, but you'll hafta commute

Nov 18, 05 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
ret

i guess i would live in LA......and never have a house to call my own! Need me a sugar mommy.

Nov 18, 05 2:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: