Archinect
anchor

My visit to NCARB

some person

Being fortunate enough to live "inside the beltway," I took a trip to NCARB's K Street office yesterday afternoon to reactivate my record and submit my recent employment verification forms.

It was nothing short of a Wizard of Oz experience. While the horror stories that have been posted on Archinect had caused me some apprehension, I was delightfully surprised to find a welcoming and efficient office. The receptionist was helpful in identifying the appropriate individual who met me in the lobby. He had a personalized printout with the status of my record and answered all of the questions I had. (Because I had allowed my record to lapse, I was unable to create an online login. I knew meeting a real, live person would be my only chance at a) finding out how much money I owed, and b) giving me peace-of-mind that my records would be received.)

It remains to be seen whether or not the information I submitted yesterday will be properly recorded in their system, but I walked away feeling satisfied that I was more than just a number to them.

I wish you all the same luck in dealing with them in the future.

(And on a random side note, I had always heard NCARB pronounced as en-carb, not N-C-A-R-B like they actually pronounced it yesterday. Maybe they changed their image after the advent of the Atkins diet...)

Nov 18, 05 11:24 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: