Archinect
anchor

Need a place to live in LA

Lord Auch

Looking for a place to live in LA. Any one renting a room?
I hit CL and found every nutcase in LA. Is Westside worth the cash?

Nov 12, 05 1:18 pm
o+

culver city/palms/mar vista are all close to the 405 and the 10, so easy to get everywhere from there + cheaper and easier to find vacancies than most areas. santa monica/brentwood/westwood are way overpriced, but nicer if you have the cash.
you can check out westside rentals if you're out of the area searching http://www.westsiderentals.com/ i've heard of some success with this, but what i did was just drive around the areas i liked and call the numbers on the different apartments with the signs out front, found a place in two days.

good luck.

Nov 12, 05 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
MMatt

All depends on where you need to be. Going to UCLA? Working downtown? What's your situation?

(not saying I have a room to rent, just that what is "worth the money" is all relative to where you live vs. what you need to get to every day)

.mm

Nov 12, 05 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
Lord Auch

Sorry that should be Westsiserentals, not refering to the westside. oops.
I am working at La Cienega and Wilshire.
Hollywood and Culver City seem to be a little cheaper than the far west and some other areas. I just moved here. Suggestions for temp housing would be good while I look.

Thanks,
Auch

Nov 12, 05 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
stillframe

Are you male, female? Interested in roommate type situation? how much do you want to spend? Working? going to school?

Nov 13, 05 1:34 am  · 
 · 
Lord Auch

Male Mid 30's. I work in architecture so I am guessing I will have to have a room mate(s).

Nov 13, 05 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Westsiderentals is definitely worth the cash. You pay I think $50 for three months of service, yet you can get a place in less than a week. I did it twice now.

My only warning is they are password nazis. If you and a roommate or anyone log on from to different computers with the same username, they may suspend your service for a week. Ouchy.

Nov 13, 05 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i found living on the westside was essential to my sanity. i was driving 25 miles one way to work and it was killing me. the guranteed 1-1.5 hour drive twice a day wasn't worth it to me.

you can make it work though. and westsiderentals is nice. i got my current place through them.

Nov 13, 05 11:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: