Archinect
anchor

havana - things to see and do

spiderdad

will be in havana for a week this christmas...

any suggestions for fun things to see and do...?

thanks all.

Nov 12, 05 9:10 am

OK BUT YOU PROMISE TO POST PICS!!!!!!
-The National Art Schools, I think you need permission to go there, but because you are an architect it shouldnt be too much of a problem. Im sad because I missed these beautiful structures when I was there.
-The Hotel Havana Libre, they have good internet too.
-El Vedado is the modernist side of town there are some beautiful buildigns out there. Check out the Cuban Pavillion the hotels, look at your feet at the beautiful mosaics. The Copella across from the Habana Libre is pretty nice too.
-Go to the Panamerican Stadium (you have to go under the tunnel). Then just keep on going and go to the over look by the big statue of Jesus, it is a beautiful view of the city.
-Catch a baseball game in the LatinAmerican try to see if Santiago is playing while you are there, it is the biggest rivalry, and probably the best baseball in the world.
-I forgot the names of the good bars and clubs, but make sure to catch some music. One night I jammed till 3AM with a rasta kid, a salsa singer, and a couple of eurotourist. Ill try to get the rasta's name and post it, he is a cool guy that knows the whole party scene of habana.

NOTE: be careful with con-artists They will try to get money out of you in all types of ways, my child is running out of food etc....
Basically they want to take advantage of your big heart. Things in Habana are not as bad as they seem, don't fall for it. It is a shame that some people are bent in buggin the hell out of you, but it is a beautiful city. It looks a bit apocalyptic, like something catastrophic happened and not much has changed since the 50's.

HAVE FUN, I KNOW I DID!!!!!

Nov 12, 05 12:25 pm  · 
 · 

Oh get ice cream at the copella, and eat street pizza, best meal you'll ever have for $0.25

Nov 12, 05 12:26 pm  · 
 · 

ALso, try to go to the "Sports City"
-If you need any other help, etc... email me.

Nov 12, 05 12:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: