Archinect
anchor

NetLogo

lletdownl

Hey everyone,

Just starting to get into this incredible program (NetLogo) and am currently in the process of modeling the effects of neighborhood parks on social networks.

anyone use this program? or know it well?

Nov 10, 05 7:17 pm
dia

Never used it lletdownl [incedentally one of my favourite Radiohead songs as well]. What are you using it for? Can you export data to architectural programs?

d

Nov 10, 05 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
job job

it's an interesting program - I'm using netlogo3D and it's very quick and quite complex. they still call each xyz coordinate a 'patch' - it's an artefact from the 2d precursor.

diabase you can export the turtles/agents as csv files for excel or rhino and because it's java-based can be saved to web as applets

but the scripted behaviours for the agents are capable only in 'scenario building/evaluation'. like conway's game of life, the application to architecture is as an abstract model. I wouldn't ask the agents to directly inform my design choices, or use them as substantiation. ex. I've set up flocking and predator (ref. bioids) roles that may switch from turtle to turtle. An interesting parallel may be behaviour of a bundled building system, such as louvers, or lighting units. But I wouldn't apply it to programmatics like a housing estate or museum. It weirds me out to see architects as social scientists.

Nov 12, 05 11:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: