Archinect
anchor

A Psychogeography Reading Group

Heather Ring

Hey archinectors,

The Institute for Infinitely Small Things will be hosting a very informal psychogeography reading group in the Boston area. We are still figuring out the details, but we'll probably start from the Situationist beginnings. It might be hosted at Art Interactive or in someone's living room or at a bar ...

The readings will not be extensive at all -- we are all so busy. If anyone is in the area and is interested, send me an email. Also -- if anyone is not in the area but wants to participate in a read-a-long, we could always have a thread on archinect!

And if anyone has a good bibliography or has tales to tell of reading-group-moderation fiascos, please post it here ...

Hope some of you will join us!

xo
Heather

ps: there's a working-bibliography over at glowlab

Nov 9, 05 11:44 pm
newuser

[Generative]Psychogeography
Nov 10, 05 12:10 am  · 
 · 
o+

please tell me they're giving directions to it using a map of Philadelphia.

Nov 10, 05 2:55 am  · 
 · 
the cellardoor whore

no u have to roll dice and follow them. and i can't believe pattern language is in your reading list. anything but...

Nov 10, 05 4:00 am  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

Not worth reading? Do you have suggestions? We don't have a list of our own yet ... we figured we'd keep it open-ended so that it was less of a syllabus and more open to the interests of anyone involved.

Nov 10, 05 11:18 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i recommend Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson

Nov 10, 05 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

Hmmm ... maybe ....

Nov 10, 05 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

My head: POOF!

Nov 11, 05 12:29 am  · 
 · 
meta

why is tim angry?

Nov 11, 05 12:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: