Archinect
anchor

Ejected

Hasselhoff

Does anyone have a good idea on how to get wrongfully ejected from grad school? I'm looking to be expelled, but in such a way that I can sue for wrongful termination and get my tuition money back. I was thinking about just really pissing people off, but with things that aren't spelled out as violations. You know, loud speakers on my computer, lots of air fresheners, rotting food.

Nov 9, 05 10:07 pm
sameolddoctor

how bout pissing in a corona bottle and passing it to a prof at Happy Hour? I swear i used to get some of those feelings at some times when i was in grad school myself.
On the other hand, if you really want to sue the hell out of your faculty, why dont you actually enumerate the points which make you feel you are not getting enough for your money, compare them with what they promised in the school brochure and sure righfully???

Nov 9, 05 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

just be yourself man.

Nov 9, 05 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

first come and post here under your real name. second, attack a favorite professor - be critical, but honest and on topic. third, send the admin and professor a link to your criticism. wait a few days, then come back here and repeat, only this time attack the admin. and then the students. you'll be a pariah!

Nov 9, 05 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

nice try hasselhoff but the trouble is that they eventually kick everybody out of school. they call it graduation and then they immediately begin harrassing you with chirpy young telemarketers asking for donations. you'll never really be through with them.

Nov 10, 05 10:23 am  · 
 · 
ochona

welcome to architecture! your passive-aggressive personality immediately qualifies you for the profession. you no longer need to complete any more degrees or take any tests or get any experience.

why don't you just quit and suck up the money you spent as a learning experience?

or, just stick it out for the next five semesters and get your professional degree?

Nov 10, 05 11:08 am  · 
 · 
garpike

That "22 Students" thing at UCLA back in 2002/2003 was HUGE! Remember?! Nah, didn't think so.

Nov 10, 05 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
yellowtrace

Can you elaborate on the 22 students thing? I'm curious. I googled it but couldn't find anything.

Nov 10, 05 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

When I graduated undergrad I donated $.50 in dimes on behalf of this bitch assistant dean that I had a feud with. She apparently quit because of my friend and I. But then she came back after we graduated.

Nov 10, 05 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

you sound like a class act Hasselhoff.

Nov 10, 05 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I am a huge hack.

Nov 10, 05 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

...yeah, i'm sure you're a force to be reckoned with -- to think that an assistant dean would quit over two students...you'd have to elaborate more for us to believe that, including what school you went to, when you went there, what her name is, what your name is...

Nov 10, 05 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

As part of my on-going attempt to gender-neutralize the word "bitch" I'll say this Hasselhoff: donating 50c in dimes was an incredibly bitchy thing to do.

I'm not saying it wasn't a point well-made. I just think it's a bitchy move. ;-)

As for your current situation - if you really hate it, leave, and consider the money lost a lesson learned. Then let go of all that anger toward the school and move on to do great things (just don't be a bitch about it).

Nov 10, 05 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
e

i knew a brother named mitch,
stone player.
he met a girl, in five min. he lay her.
trucked crazy jewels,
hands smothered in ice,
been to prison not once, but twice
kept a stupid thick posse,
made of thugs and crooks and hoods.
and vet hustlers,
who were up to no good.
but they all stood behind him,
and watched his back,
that's the only way
to roll on the track.
but yo,
mitch got rushed by the feds last week,
they snatchbared the trucnk
of his white corniche.
took a look inside,
and what did they see?
two keys and a gallon of pcp!
on shit! the thought crashed
mitch's subliminal.
three strikes, that's called
habitual criminal
so instead of goin under
he snitched on his whole posse,
maxed at the crib,
and sipped martine and rossi.
sold out his whole crew,
that rat named mitch

bitches by ice-t

Nov 10, 05 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
e

i knew a brother named mitch,
stone player.
he met a girl, in five min. he layed her.
trucked crazy jewels,
hands smothered in ice,
been to prison not once, but twice
kept a stupid thick posse,
made of thugs and crooks and hoods.
and vet hustlers,
who were up to no good.
but they all stood behind him,
and watched his back,
that's the only way
to roll on the track.
but yo,
mitch got rushed by the feds last week,
they snatchbared the trunk
of his white corniche.
took a look inside,
and what did they see?
two keys and a gallon of pcp!
on shit! the thought crashed
mitch's subliminal.
three strikes, that's called
habitual criminal.
so instead of goin under
he snitched on his whole posse,
maxed at the crib,
and sipped martini and rossi.
sold out his whole crew,
that rat named mitch

bitches by ice-t

Nov 10, 05 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
e

oops sorry for the double post.

Nov 10, 05 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
archaalto

Try sexual harrassment charges-
That worked for a couple girls at my school.

Nov 10, 05 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
norm

there was a guy at ucla that stunk so bad the students asked him to leave.

Nov 10, 05 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
e

i had a guy who didn't shower too much in my studio. no one liked sitting near him. i didn't mind so much though. sure he stunk, but at least he could design unlike most of the rest in the class.

Nov 10, 05 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

norm, really? When was that? I never heard that story. I was there 02 - 05.

Nov 10, 05 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

become a proponent of intelligent design. develop all your projects with a theme of intelligent design. you will receive much flack. you will be insulted by the marxists on your faculty. you will have a case of religious discrimination. sue the university get start up capital for your business. go on the seven hundred club and have lunch with rush limbaugh. you're golden.

Nov 12, 05 6:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: