Archinect
anchor

Studio X and C-Lab of GSAPP Columbia

xinyuli

Just offered a 6 month internship position at C-Lab at Columbia GSAPP's Studio X . Anyone have experience working there? Any comments? 

Nov 22, 11 1:31 am
H3ndrik

if you are into the more research/ graphics side of architecture it should be pretty fulfilling but they will work you to the bone.

Also, did they tell you the working hours are 9am-10pm?

Nov 22, 11 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
xinyuli

Yes, they told me 10am-8pm, M to F.  but I guess lots of architecture firms make ppl work after hrs ,  especially like me, a fresh BS.Archi graduate without much real working experience.  

I am applying grad school at the same time, so I am wondering if this intern can help me a little to get in some top schools. 

Btw, H3ndrlk did you work there before or still working there? I think I am going to go for sure : )

Nov 22, 11 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
xinyuli

any comments? 

Dec 1, 11 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
H3ndrik

a friend of mine is starting there in the summer.

Working at C-lab would definately give you connections to columbia if you are applying there, and I believe Inaba has some connections with Harvard too.

Also I know C-lab has a magazine they publish a couple times a year, from what ive heard this is one of the really fun things to work on at C-lab so you could ask if they will be working on the next issue while you are there.

Dec 2, 11 3:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: