garpike

Yo quiero Nouvel Residences?

Nov 7, 05 2:39 pm
abracadabra

nice plans.

Nov 7, 05 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
bLAyer

that website is atrocious but the interiors are nice. After 5 mins of browsing you switch back to a normal website with a white background when you realize that you cant see any color because that fuschia is burned into your retina. why do webdesigners do that all the time? Dont these people browse their own websites? argh

Nov 7, 05 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
Philip Gentleman

perfect for every girl's "sex in the city" fantasy. too bad the mexican mini-dog is totally 1999...didn't they get the memo that every self respecting douche in soho walks a french bulldog now?

Nov 7, 05 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

people around that condo will never be bored. money shots and other drama all at once.

rupi (r) and his sister daisy would bite everybody in soho. because they are "boston" ratters.

Nov 7, 05 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
enzo76

I see a hollywood ending with that penthouse soon...

something with explosions and jet li and chicks and stuff

Nov 7, 05 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Now, This is a Dog Soho losers!

Nov 7, 05 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
e

i love dogs.

Nov 7, 05 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
Francisco David Boira

I'll stop by tomorrow and take some pics for you guys. they started putting up the curtain wall last week.

Nov 7, 05 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

step back jack-this hound will tear your lil curtain wall down

Nov 7, 05 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I didn't see a problem with the site. First time, I was looking at the pics in a few seconds (anything with an 'intro' I immediately hit the skip button). There can always be improvements, like the graphics look a tad too traditional for the site and building.
Never got to a 'white' site.

I can only imagine how much those'll go for.

Nov 8, 05 9:12 am  · 
 · 
e

vado, is that your dog? that's one happy pup.

Nov 8, 05 10:36 am  · 
 · 
aeaa

OK, so the dog on the website is retarded however, I think this is going to be a very good building. A firm I previously worked for was in the running for the interiors scope (cd) so i got to see the nouvel docs and the arch of record docs. the curtain wall consultant is also one of the best here in NYC. I have been past the construction site several times and the scale of the building fits with soho.

But the website is gross

Nov 8, 05 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
Francisco David Boira

The website is fine guys. It's a little bit late as a graphic and marketing strategy (symmetry, decadence, reindeers?)
Even Club Monaco sports this fading trend. But as architects, we might perhaps think we are always hip but in reality we couldn't be any farther than that as a whole.

Nov 8, 05 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

now where are the curtain wall pics?

Nov 8, 05 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
Philip Gentleman

fdb - critical as always...well done.

Nov 8, 05 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
Francisco David Boira

Here you go guys. Zoë Coombes took them this morning.
You can find them inthe constrcution gallery

Nov 8, 05 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

thanks for the snapshots guys. building seem like to have gordon bunshaft pedigree with jean's eye candy and know how to make it hip, to follow. ny's vertical setback rules almost guarantee a decent massing.

Nov 9, 05 7:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: