Archinect
anchor

Reseach Led Study HELP !!!

abc123

Hi,

Im looking to write my research document on Marketing in architect, but I need to find a problem in Marketing, a question and a rationale for the research ??? ... can anyone help me, maybe from there experience in practice. 

Nov 19, 11 2:34 pm
drums please, Fab?

why don't architects market themselves better?

go!

Nov 19, 11 3:31 pm  · 
 · 

thanks!

Nov 19, 11 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

¡de nada!

Nov 21, 11 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

what are you talking about? all this hype over architects not knowing how to market themselves is bs in my opinion. in fact, given the complexity of their practice and involvement, they are good at kissing everyone's ass or at least petting it...what more do you want? network?they do that...every other person in the world would have contracted HIV by now had  their work scope involved unsafe sex. brochures and fancy graphics? they got it. or you want them to sell themselves like the medical community in the US..that would not be whoredom, that would just be plain evil.

Nov 22, 11 7:48 am  · 
 · 
dutch

One issue, as with other professions, is that there's a certain "code of conduct" surrounding advertising and marketing. I'm not sure if there's an official rule, but certain practices are generally considered "lowbrow". So, most firms are more subtle in their marketing practices (i.e. donations, rubbing elbows at community events, etc.).

A second issue is that marketing really isn't part of an architect's standard tool kit. It's typically not part of a school curriculum, and it's not something they gain knowledge in through the internship process or continuing education.

Nov 22, 11 9:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: