Archinect
anchor

Trasient Recent Architecture Grad...

ntawancy

Hello World,

Almost a year ago I graduated with my MArch from School of the Art institute of Chicago. After experiencing difficulty finding a position in the states, I moved to Cairo where my family is from and found work there immediately! But then Egypt decided to have a revolution, which I have found myself back in Chicago.

I have officially turned into a drifter, going from place to place trying to find work and finding myself in a similar predicament before traveling to Egypt except now I have no place of my own and few belongings.

Any advice? How do I get these people's attention here? I am so ready to start working! And I feel like I have tried everything! I know there are jobs out there as for many of my former classmates are working....

Apr 13, 11 6:32 pm
burningman

Do you have any ideas what the percentage of your classmates have jobs?

It's been particularly difficult for international students to find work in the US. Many of them come here and are forced to move back to their home country after a few months of no leads and in some instances up to a year, then the same result.

My advice: contact your school and see if you can get a hold of graduates from them. If they don't keep this kind of info, shame on them, you will have to resort to linkedin...

Times are tough. In the meantime, I would recommend taking your exams.

Apr 14, 11 2:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: